1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

My nosepin is struck!!

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by Butterflie, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Butterflie

Butterflie Bronze IL'ite

My nosepin is this old traditional one with a screw mechanism. Two years back the screw got loose and no longer fit in the upper part as it would usually. Since I did not have a spare one with me, I put a little cotton in the upper rod part and screwed it tight. It sat well, and I totally forgot it for a while. I tried removing it when I bought a new one and realised it got struck.
    Now Im really fed up with it. I tried to pull it really hard but it won't budge. Nothing does it.
    Ladies, if u have any tips and tricks up your sleeve, please help me!!!

2. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

A few ideas:
    First,Clean the thing with rubbing alcohol daily until it's not painful anymore.Second,what kind of earing and backing is it? If it's possible,try tweezers and a mirror. If that's not possible(and ive seen my friend do this)well..take a deep breath,grab the stud,scrunch your nose up and PULL.You can't remember pain,so it's all good.If you try that maybe find a different nose stud after,and clean the piercing before you put anything in it (as well as the next stud)

Second idea would be not to use rubbing alcoho, for some It can cause major infections, and is not good for piercings at all.. The best thing to do is use some Dial soap in the shower. Your skin will be looser, and more relaxed. Put some soap on both ends of the nose stud, and pull it out. It will make your eyes water for a second, but its okay once it's done. My friend has done this several times before, just take a long warm shower, then wash the piercing gently, if you are changing in for another piece of jewerly have it already clean, then twist the stud in both directions to get it loose, then make your nostrils as big and wide open as you can, hold the stud and make your nostrils small this will tale it out at least a little, keep doing it, trying different angles to pull it out, i personally recomend doing it slowly layer by layer.

And if the top two don't work, try KY warming liquid lubes them just enough to get them to pop out. It sounds weird, but I've been told that it works!!!!

Good luck!!!

3. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

Are you even supposed to take your jewelry out that quickly? Okay, now you've gone and made me look up nose piercing aftercare at my favorite piercer's website. She says to leave the ring in there, not to remove it until the piercing is healed - and believe me, a couple of days is not long enough. Wash the piercing using a liquid antibacterial soap twice per day. Do sea salt soaks - this means putting 1/4 teaspoon non-iodized sea salt in a cup of warm water, and soaking the piercing (or using cotton balls dipped in the solution to do so.) But do not twist the jewelry, do not change it until the piercing is healed, and for a nose, that's at least 2-4 weeks, if not longer.

So that's actually good news for you, because you don't have to keep dealing with this pain. Keep the jewelry in, do not twist it (only move it when you're washing it with the soap.) Otherwise, keep it clean and leave it alone. Don't remove it!

4. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Do some sea salt soaking. Wear a disposable glove to do the twisting. It really helps. I
    knew this trick from an ear piercing expert.

5. sumith84

sumith84 New IL'ite

Its very hard to twist the nose pin using fingers it will hurt and make the piercing sore.If its really tight use a wire stripper to cut the outside head its very simple.gold can be easily cut.. Take care. Dont make ur piercing worse by pulling it.