1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL's new face!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by RADIODOC679, Jan 17, 2015.

1. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Friends i am back again,was trying to lead my life struggling yet moving,hubby still no job,am struggling with 2 jobs,sickness,near accident,ttc,loans etc...And suddenly my MIL calls us & starts shouting that look your SIL(cousin) is preggs again-and what are you guys doing?? my Cousin SIL has a cozy life-hubby is businessman she working woman,her mom stays close by,cooks & sends tiffin daily to her,inlws look after 1st kid completely-She can have 2nd 3rd even 10th child-what is the comparison here i dont understand????She hever called once after my hubby got laid off citing she cant stand his sad face-& now this-Allthoough it took me a while ,i spoke back to her that its not in my hands ,we have tried,trying & rest is upto God-she did the same drama during my SIL's first pregnancy also-i really dont know what to do-have lost all respect for her as a human being also-dont want to ever see her face in my life-Was slowly building my life & its now come down agaain-dont know if i will ever bounce back-Silently praying to God please let me go -spirit is already dead ,physical body should also go-have no strength -Noone even my parents are willing to help -what can i do?

2. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Keep strong dear. This shall too pass. Don't give up. YouYou are managing your house, your H. Dont you think that its better that you are not pregnant right now. What I want to express is, wouldn't it be good if you let this bad time pass away, and you both get back to normal, and then have a kid, whom you can take care of without stress or guilt. Why do you need to leave your physical and mental health for senile people. Love your self. Be confident. I am sure you must have faced tough situations before and came out of it, in your previous years. This shall pass too. Meditate and keep happy. Answer back like you did. All will be well for you soon.

3 people like this.
  3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Prayers for you. Just hang in there and soon good times will come

2 people like this.
  4. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Thanks hope2b& preethiitech!!!Thses words really boosted me.Maybe mind was very weak hence all this blurting-Hope some light at the end of this long dark tunnel!

5. Chachi420

Chachi420 Platinum IL'ite

@RADIODOC679 :hatsoff to you. I know its easier said than done but few thoughts to help you ...

When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.

You gotta have faith. Even at the bottom of the blackest hole, there will always be light shining through. It just takes faith to see it.

I'm okay today. I'll be okay tomorrow. And the next day after that I'll still be okay. But in a year you will see me, I'll be amazing.

PS: Years latter, when you look back, you will be proud of all that you accomplished :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  6. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

Just say thats good news and ignore. If she still persists, say we are doing the job every night, rest is upto god.

7. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Dear Radio,

Hugs to you. Your MIL calling you and telling you all this must be bad, but I am sure it is not worse than the advice that your FIL has been giving you on your intimacy, not to forget the various pujas, feeding cows etc etc they have been forcing you to do.

I am not sure about the relationship that you share with your hubby, but just put all your focus on him right now. Make him feel good, boost his morale and if possible keep all these ttc discussions that you have with your MIL far far away from him.
    It will only add to his worry. Guard your hubby's dignity and pride, and don't have your MIL talk all this to him.

As for tackling her directly,only one strategy is going to work, and that is silent treatment.
    When she rants and raves about other women falling pregnant just keep listening to her calmly without interrupting. Then just take a deep breath and try to forget all that she said, listen to your favourite music, read a book, do your chores or talk to your hubby. Do whatever activity you like and just relax yourself.

If she persistently questions you and demands answers, just give her one line answers. Tell her you are trying, and one day you are sure God will answer your prayers.
    Do not get bogged down by her questions and do not reveal any details of your ttc process. Nobody can demand to know such intimate issues of yours. Only share it with the people you trust and those who make you feel comforted by listening.

Good Luck!

8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you dear. I am sure things will work out for you.

Just ignore your MIL. She may be saying to just vent out her frustration. She may be jealous of other MILs, her age, having grand kids. Just have faith in yourself and keep on doing what you think is right and what you can do.

On a different note, has your DH tried on taking up some job or training in new areas? Can he join some relatives or friends firm? For example, a lot of people here moved into real estate agents, life insurance agents when they got laid off and couldn't find a job.

9. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Hi all!
    Thanks again for such a solid support. My hubby has joined German & is now doing C level(technical) so hoping after this he might stand some chance.He is also doing freelance product designing with some of his friends-But that again takes time,money& luck.So he is trying all avenues.Yes you all are right,i need to refocus on my life-stay away from that dreadful MIL & bond more with my parents& hubby.Should give her cold treatment from now.About relatives-You know when the boat sinks all rats abandaon the ship-all have taken his resume but nothing clicks-Even his so called REAL BROTHER has suddenly distanced from us-citing i am very busy etc...So ,,,,that;s it-just praying some miracle happens!

1 person likes this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...you are a super woman. Hang in there.
    Does your husband try to take off your load by at least doing house work? It is time you both had a talk about equal partnership in marriage. If you are doing two jobs...then you should not have to worry about other stuff at home.Share your problems with your husband...tell him you need help otherwise you will fall sick.

As for that mil....that is not her new face...that is her real face.Next time she tries to upset you...just bang the phone down.She needs to know that she is upsetting an already troubled dil.If you keep giving her the polite one liners...she will make this a habit.Next time just tell her you have enough troubles of your own without her adding to them.....and put the phone down.What have you got to lose?...they will cut you people out again?...atleast you won't have to deal with this nonsense.

You have faith and hope dear. Things will change for the better. Your time will come.
    Best Wishes.

2 people like this.