1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

29 months old reads a book

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by vv123, Jun 20, 2008.

1. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I just wanted to share something about my daughter. She is very fond of books. So keep buying and reading her lots of books. She would want to read especially during nap time. she picks up the books and tells me the title of the books she's picked up. she makes us read the book near about 10 times. We normally buy her small books like the Bubbles book or Pepper books or barney books. Few days back we were surprised to see that she picked up a bubbles book and started reading turning the pages. one or two lines were ok but we noticed she also read 3-4 lines from a page which was perfect. Someone else whose observing her will feel as if she is reading. It's sooooo perfect. even the barney books if we tell her the first 2 words she completes the next 2-3 sentences.

Vidya

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi vidhya..very nice to know about your daughter's reading habit.My son is very fond of books espl picture books.He repeats all the names of pictures by himself too.

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hey Vidya

thats fantastic news. You may want to check her out to see if she is capable of understanding more things. In that case you surely will have a genius in hand !!

all the best

Bhooma

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,
    It is really nice to know that your daughter reads the books at this age. Infact my neice is so fond of reading and she started reading almost at 20 months. She started telling words by pointing out them and then learnt sentences. Now she is 10 years old, and she is a real genius and her IQ is much much more than that of a 15 year old. So if you nurture her, she will really put up well.

5. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Thanks RajmiArun. Nice to hear about yr niece. Infact I noticed that my daughter too reads certain words when I point at them. Actually what I do when reading is I keep a pointer at the words and read it. So may be that's how she is picking up the words.
    She used to tell the numbers till 20, Planets, Alphabets, weekdays, Months when she was 11/2 yr old. I still remember ... she was always a hyperactive kid. Even changing her diapers would be difficult. So what we used to do is when changing the diapers we used to tell her and show her the craeam which we used. Also the shampoo. so almost everyday we used tto give her a new product in her hand and tell her the name. This is how we used to give her food as well. Everyday before she gets up I used to be ready with 2 -3 items.. which she can play around and does'nt hurt. One day when she was around 7-8 months old we showed her the cream and asked her where is Cetaphil .. to our surpirse she immediately pointed out towards it. Then my husband wanted to confuse her.. he put 2-4 creams and shampoos together then asked her to give it to us. She immediately did it. so slowly we put almost 15-20 items together in a row and asked to give the products and medicines.. to our surpirse she did it. That's how we used to keep her engaged if gets bored.. put all the products and some animal toys in a line and ask her to give it to us. Then ask her the washing machine and all the items at home.. she used to crawl to the resp rooms and point it out. The sad part is I am not able to find all that recordings.
    same way my husband started teaching her all the planets when she was hardly a yr old .. but she told us all of them when she was less than 11/2 yr old.
    But inspite of all of this she gives me a real tough time. She needs soo much information that I get very tired.
    Vidya

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya,
    You will be, I can understand that. Infact, my Athimber spent so much time with her and she have got the first prize in spelling bee in the Florida state last year. Keep yourself updated and learn learn and learn more. You should be updated with the happennings all around the world.

7. narmee_r

narmee_r Senior IL'ite

my daughter used to tell & identifies A-Z, 0-9, & she used to tell months, days, in tamil & in english. especially while talking about alphabets she can identifies alphabets if it is upside down & even if it is in mirror image also. she can identify the shapes, colors too. she knows the name of the vegitables & fruits also with identification. all these happends before 1 1/2 yrs. the bad thing is i too dont hv the facility to record all those at that time. so sad abt that..........:frown:

8. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Rajmi, nice to hear about yr niece. she seems quite intelligient. But about the everyday updates. I this is where I am lacking. sometimes I really get tensed about future.. how will I teach her and grow her..

narmee.. keep encouraging yr kid. She will turn out to be a genius...

Vidya

9. Neeti

Neeti New IL'ite

Hi Vidya congrates on your daughters performance .
    My daughter is now 1and 1/2 year old and she is big book lover too .
    she can tell and recognise all the alphabets can read numbers upto 30 and knows more then 50 rhymes
    Like your princess she can tell planets name weekdays months name serially...
    and best thing is she is learning hindi too can count ek do teen up to das and can say a aa ee ei....

Neeti

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  10. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Wow great Neeti !! Now a days kids are amazing. But sometimes I think we are pushing them too much .. are'nt we ?

Vidya