1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why NoBody exicited about my Pregenency NEWS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Mylifeatusa, Nov 19, 2014.

1. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Congratulations OP!!! :party

1 person likes this.
  2. Mylifeatusa

Mylifeatusa Silver IL'ite

Thank you Friends...May be distance is the reason for their behavior..

Its one of those moments I think..

Some times I think im loosing a lot by moving to this country than gaining.. in terms of these relationships and rituals and all..which we cant express to anybody.

I never got a gift from my parents or IL's or anybody after marriage like a saree or anything just because I'm staying abroad and they cant reach me...

If I visit India..every body expects what I got for them....by comparing gifts..

I don't need/expect anything from them..but its just i'm missing that thrill or feeling of receiving gifts as a part of rituals.

My DH says buy what ever you need, but I just need somebody back home thinking about me if they see a good saree or a dress and buying it for me with out my notice....

what ever I buy its just me..selecting On line.....that's life :(

3. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Mylifeatusa first of all the happiness should come from you ... You should be happy about your new bundle of joy just cherish the moments this will automatically make others attract happiness .

Your parents may have reacted to your news unintentionally when you are calm just open the conversation with your parents about their plans whether they are are willing to come over USA or anything bothering them .

Regarding your father in law just convey the news with happy smile at your end dont react much to their thoughts and saying ... one thing you must strongly believe how much good you do in this world there are people who try to find fault and blame you so that should not pull your spirit of been a women. You must be proud of being a women who can balance two side of her family , work , earn and make a house as sweet home ...

Also you are a creator like giving a life to sweet lil pie just enjoy your moments with your own family who reflects your happiness and IGNORE others.

4. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

dear Op,

when i said about my first positive tag on pregnancy test, my DH is in sleepy mode(by 8 a.m) & he doesn't react any thing in joshful mode. said "Ok. come & sleep".i upset with his reaction.

later when ever i get chance, i pretended him a lot like " you are a rock with No emotions. so i don't share any happy thing with you. i will go for my friends. they are better than you......:)":tongue. when ever i want to enjoy/share my happiness, first i do not share with DH or PILs. i will share with my parents/ friends who enjoys like me in front of DH & PIL. later i will explain about their excitement :cheers about news & how they loves me..so on..to DH & PIL. so now they changed bit...may be not from heart...they are acting like...they too exited with my happy news. that's work.gigglingsmiley

5. Jeejaaji

Jeejaaji Bronze IL'ite

Congrats,

Since you and your hubby is happy with this then you should not worry.

About your parents or IL's they must be in their 50's or 60's so at this age obviously they will have some medical problems like BP, Sugar etc.. due to which in some cases it is hard to give proper response or expressions.

I experienced this when i was talking one of the older guy. I observed that i was saying something and his response was totally different. Later I realized that, there was something else running in his mind.

Any how congrats and keep sharing good news like this with us :)

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

[/QUOTE]
    Swethasri...This happened 16-17 years back.My sister had just finished 12th std.....she used to get grossed out by seeing me breastfeed my older one....:rotflOne day when I was at my parents home feeding my dd...she was getting grossed out so I just squeezed and squirted some on her face....she screamed and went for a bath.:rotfl:rotflI think I damaged her emotionally for life.:coffee(Is this too much information?:hide:)

4 people like this.
  7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats!! and enjoy your happiness with your DH. Elders are sometimes cautious in their expression of happiness (be it there own or their children). Most will run to their temple in the house and thank the God and pray to protect the happiness. I remember my mom didn't disclose my bhabhi's pregnancy until her tummy started showing. Most distant relatives came to know only after the shrimanth (baby shower) invitation. When my nephew was born, the first thing my mom did was to put a kala tika on the side of his forehead.

So don't get concerned about the reaction of your parents. Your FIL reaction, for the 1st child was pathetic.

sindmani likes this.
  8. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

OMG, LOLlaugh1smiley thats lot of info.

Swethasri...This happened 16-17 years back.My sister had just finished 12th std.....she used to get grossed out by seeing me breastfeed my older one....:rotflOne day when I was at my parents home feeding my dd...she was getting grossed out so I just squeezed and squirted some on her face....she screamed and went for a bath.:rotfl

9. chipmunk

chipmunk Senior IL'ite

Dear OP,

your post reminded me of a hilarious conversation between my colleague's inlaws and his wife when they announced her pregnancy. His wife is second gen chinese, brought up in the West.
    Wife (very casually, as grandma-to-be is putting some chicken into the microwave): so mum, we've just found out that I'm pregnant
    GTB: Oh. We'll need to cook this for longer now.

My colleague's FIL just gave him a thumbs-up and said, "well done!"
    So.... you are definitely not alone :))

10. muthucharam

muthucharam New IL'ite

Oh dear.. Congratulations on ur pregnancy!!
    Elders I always feel less expressive! I think your.mom is worried about u taking care of pregnancy n LO all alone. Showed expressed in this way..

Ignore all!! Be happy.. Happy pregnancy