Sleeping Disorder - 28 week pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Priya4oct, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I am in my 28th week, due in jan 2015 and working full time. My problem is I am not able to sleep properly (I have not slept for more than 4 hrs from last 2 nights). Not sure if this is because of any hormonal change as I tried all tips (putting body pillow or pillow etc) but no luck so far. Since I work and have another DD as well so no way to take nap in afternoon (that too I tried on weekend). Is anyone else facing/faced same problem.

I faced this in my last pregnancy but it was in during 9th month not this early.

2. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Priya,

I am 15 weeks and facing this problem some nights....I am having warm milk with honey to get sleep and it is helping me to some extent. My doctor suggested me to get into physical activity like walking/swimming/prenatal yoga...i started with walking of 1 mile within home as it is cold outside, and it is also helping me some nights. But sometimes, nothing works I will be roaming until i fell asleep..

Sravani

3. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

its normal to have your sleep a touch disturbed during pregnancy. Each body reacts differently...some move to restful state with walking, some with warm milk, some with lighter clothes, some with washing your hands and feet with cold water.

You would need to test various methods to see what works for you. Best wishes!

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya,

Have you tried reading a book to going to sleep? It worked on almost all days for me

5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks Preethitech..reading book is one of the toughest task for me :)

I started drinking warm milk before going to bed and taking warm water shower so as of now atleast I am able to sleep for couple of hours (I was not very deep sleeper even before pregnancy)

6. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hi for me same problem has started..im in 28 weeks now..couple of days back sleepless night started.if i feel cold then i can sleep little while..

7. PriyaPrahlad

PriyaPrahlad Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I am in my 6th month of pregnancy. I am also facing the same problem :( Not able to sleep properly. I am also working and have DS. I try to listen to devotional songs for few hours until I become tired and lie down. Finally I don't know when I go to sleep :)

8. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hey priya and nilasisu,

As I mentioned in my previous post, there are two things which helped me

1. Drinking warm milk before going to bed. My Dr said since milk has calcium it gives rest to your muscles and help you in sleep.

2. I started taking warm water shower (including hair).

Also, I stopped drinking Tea in evening after 6:00 pm.

Try this..