Roomba Model

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rums, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi Ils,

I have been researching on Roomba. Can someone suggest the model that works best and does vacuuming of both Hardwood and carpet floors?. Anyone using it and happy with a model?. I have no pets. Has to go back to base after it's done. Any suggestions pls?. It gets very difficult to clean with kids around.

Thx

2. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

I have yet to come across someone who is actually, genuinely happy with it. Although, I owned one of the earlier models and didn't see much benefit from it, I've been hearing that the newer models are better so I've eyed this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GK3IVW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Although the concept sounds great, the biggest gripe is about the path the Roomba takes to clean up the room doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. It often just goes from room to room and you wind up having to set up "virtual walls" before it actually constrains itself to complete the work thoroughly.

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  4. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thx HasteRaho and ChennaiExpress. I am also looking for a newer model which actually works. Yes I agree Dyson is the best. Nothing cleans like dyson. I love it.