Practicing English conversation

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by EnlightenedSoul, Jan 30, 2014.

1. AnithaAnand18

AnithaAnand18 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Practice is the best solution to improve your communicative skills.Learn atleast one new vocabulary.Though you speak with mistakes initially,don't give up your practice and start correcting it next time.All the Best

1 person likes this.
  2. nagarammadhavi

nagarammadhavi New IL'ite

hi,
    u can just practice speaking english yourself....
    to start up first try reading some novels of indian authors that will improve your conversatin skills....i would recommend you to go with something from chetan bhagat writings.
    start listening to news channels in english
    and the most important of all record your own conversation in english and try to hear it for self correction..it will surely help

hope my suggest could help you...

3. balak4102

balak4102 New IL'ite

Start reading english novels by indian writer.Once u r good with it, go with foreign authors.U can download many novels using wattpad app in android.It will have more conversations.

4. Amu60

Amu60 New IL'ite

So many people are having this sort of inferior feelings abt talking in english. One thing i would like to insist is english is, just everybody would say is a way of communication like every one's mother tongue. But still, a way of improving good spoken english is:
    (i) Conceive the idea in english and put into words while speaking
    (ii) Don't shy off due to the grammatical mistake
    (iii) A continuous broken english conversation also would be fine tuned into a good spoken english enviable by others.

So...Happy starting for conversing in English!!

5. rasika18g

rasika18g New IL'ite

Hi I have same issue so shall we strt one class for tht online or
    We will meet up for tht but it's complsury to improve plz anyone have suggest mentioned plz suggest.☺

6. laksvishnu

laksvishnu Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    To improve English you can start reading Chetan Bhagat Novels. His language is simple and easy to understand .

7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

A technique I've found effective while learning a foreign language is to pick up a reputed new paper / novel and read aloud for 10-20 minutes a day. It will improve your diction and fluency greatly.

Recording when you read aloud and listening to yourself would also help identify where you are lagging behind.

You can look up kids videos or news videos (say bbc) or English movies/ serials with subtitles and mindlessly repeat what the people there are saying. Focus especially on the tone and variations in pitch of the voice.

By doing these things you are training your brain to make the sounds specific to the language you are learning. These will improve your fluency greatly. (Just reading good books doesn't get you very far) plus, you will just pick up idioms and word plays without your knowledge.

Have dictionary apps on your phone (eg. Wordweb) and comp for your reference.

About grammar and vocabulary, by constantly and consciously being in touch with the language, you will automatically improve.

1 person likes this.
  8. Humstudents

Humstudents New IL'ite

By watching english news channel, reading english news papers and talking some of the conversation in english with your friends can improve your english.