1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many alliances did you rejct before selecting your life partner??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by VaniVyas, Jul 13, 2014.

1. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Good to read all comments
    Thanks ladies...

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdtnomFlcM

3. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

i rejected one... and rest were rejected by my parents or by the guys family or the guy himself...

guys family/guy's reasons were ridiculous like one family said the girls neck is long... and that same guy is married to my best friend!! (her family is rich!)

my parents didnt allow me to be humiliated all the time... they checked everything and only after they found the guy is okay i was told to meet... my dad met a few guys and he returned home saying that guy is not for our gal... and rejected....

my parents were mighty impressed by my hubby's parents and also mom's friend met my hubby and checked his office (he is a businessman in another city than our native!) and was fully impressed by him and his work... though i was planning and had decided i will reject as i didnt want to marry soon... i met him (my hubby) and after talking to him for a while i told ok :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  4. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

My DH was the first one and the best

5. Thriveniram

Thriveniram Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Very nice thread,, My dh was 14th person selected by my parents rest all were rejected eighter by me or my parents or the guys side itself,, Horoscope match was very very important to my parents so many alliance were rejected for this purpose itself..

Then my dh's and my horoscope matched very well and his profile was also good, But best part i got to know after marriage was that his date of birth was an official one as his parents dont remember the actual DOB.. but he s the best person.:)

1 person likes this.
  6. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

I found my partner after 13 th visit :)

7. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

My DH is the first guy I met. The rest went by the wayside for various reasons.

Guy#1 - Insisted the photo we sent was not good. They wanted a formal "Studio" pic. I had one taken and we sent it....you can see me laughing silently in that pic. And no guy with any sense will say yes after seeing it. They liked that pic, so sis and BIL went to see the family. Came back and said NO!!! Sis kept her hand on the table and was sure it was stuck there for life. House was a mess and terribly unhygienic.

Guy # 2: Settled in Singapore. His dad planned my life for me in 1 letter - she can come here and go back to college for masters. After she becomes a citizen I will find a job for her or she can work in my law practice (ummm...I am no lawyer, and was a zoology grad!). Guess more important than that was the guy himself. I am not slim by far and the guy was so skinny I was scared if I hugged him I would break his bones!

DH was the first I agreed to meet. And said yes to him :)

3 people like this.
  8. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Some really, really sweet stories in here :) Loved reading them!

I didn't participate in the whole arranged marriage/being introduced via known family thing (although my extended family on dad's side was so very eager to bring in proposals the moment I graduated college...which my mom said no on my behalf to)

Aside from that, I did have some proposals (either friends or those whom I briefly dated).

Approximately 11 from guy friends:
    - 7 indian (my mom liked two of them and kept insisting that I should consider them...but I didn't really like them in *that* way. another was an accountant...loved to play in tennis tournaments and when he learned my dad also plays nearly every morning before office, he invited my dad to a tournament against him. my dad whipped his ass on the tennis court and never again did his pompous, arrogant self want to play with my dad again. i was immensely amused.)
    - 3 caucasians (one of whom was a dear friend of mine, voluntarily gave up alcohol/became vegetarian/learned hindi and many other things to show his affection and position himself as someone worth considering. He was a great guy and I asked him why he gave up all those things. He said he just wanted to. So that was strange because I never said to do any of those things and I never want someone to change who they are just to make me or anyone else like them. Even though my parents were fine with him and my mom even told me to consider him, I never got involved with him but we remained good friends and he was very close to my family. He flew out to attend my wedding in India...shortly after which he resumed alcohol/non-vegetarian food. Now is happily married...I was the groomsmaid at his wedding last year)
    - 1 croatian/black friend (very smart guy, supportive, is a very accomplished attorney but didn't have too much in common)

3 of the guys I briefly dated proposed/all indian
    - The first was 4 years older, long distance, we dated for about 2 months, then 2 months after that he proposed and I was in college so marriage. Marriage was the furthest thing from my mind and I had told him this pretty early on. Initially I thought he was someone with morals, but over time I learned he projected himself one way with his family (like he was the most pure soul), friends but as I got to know him better, I really did not see a future with him (double standards, emotional blackmailing, self righteous, fickle, no real sense of loyalty, carried on multiple affairs even with those who were married). He also didn't know how to think for himself...not without his mom. So nope. Not happening.
    - The second who proposed. I actually did like him to an extent. He was very intelligent, independent, open-minded, hardworking, and took care of himself. But he was very vain and selfish. He didn't know how to look past himself. He was very uncertain about himself, his goals let alone anything else and had a hard time sticking to anything (be it a job, friendships, family or a relationship). He also wound up saying/doing things that completely obliterated my trust in him so a future with him was never possible. He did come back to propose but the answer was a resounding no.
    - After about 5 years of keeping to myself, the third who proposed was my own DH. We were just acquaintances before introduced via a mutual friend. DH initially spoke to me about design schools near where I live because his own cousin was considering them. An unexpected friendship blossomed from there, 2 months later he told me how he felt about me. We dated for about 3-4 months until he proposed. He's the only guy who struck me as genuinely someone who was what he projected himself to be. His feelings for me never changed even after I shared my views. There were many other things, too, and finally I think I said to myself "this one I can see a future with..." :) 1 month later, our parents fixed a wedding date. Now super happily married. :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    3 people like this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

soooooooooooooooo romantic! sigh

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The first guy I met was my husband. Before then many rejected me (mostly the parents) coz I was not a professional.

My hubbys hororscope came to us and my uncle was seeing the matching coz my dad is not alive.He said the match did work out.Little did I know!

Then,after few months the same horoscope came again and I told my mom personally to check the horoscopes and it matched well!

It seems my uncle's daughter is a professional and earning money ..hers and mine had been sent to my hubby who rejected my cousin but liked me.Hence,my uncle was pissed off by that.

We got married afert few months..

Anyways, I still keep asking hubby "why did u not choose other gals who r earning so much and who r pretty,bold etc etc"..

He still says the same line" because I just fell in love with u the first sight and nothing else mattered":)

sindmani, guesshoo, VaniVyas and 3 others like this.