1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you want to tell your MIL, but can't.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Chachi420

Chachi420 Platinum IL'ite

laugh1smiley:biglaughlaugh1smiley

1 person likes this.
  2. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Super line respect is earned and not begged. Il note this for my convo in future

3 people like this.
  3. shrutimanjunath

My co sis is pestering my hubby to return to India and I delivered recently she wants to see the baby so she keeps on telling I m getting tempted to see the baby pls return back na. ;) with kiddish slang . She got a heart attack when she gotta know that I delivered naturally as she had expected it would b a c section. If hers is a c section then nobody can get a normal delivery according to her dictionary. I say get a life bitch.

my hubby's aunt is very dominating and also in pregnancy I had lot of issues with her. She behaves very closely to him and she tells that hubby is her son. infact my mil also doesn't interfere in our life. That time I always had a fight and cry that I would avoid talking to her. Now as I got baby whenever they call us I pretend baby is crying baby is sleeping. Giving bath to baby. Feeding baby etc etc all the time.

This lady wanted to come to USA to help me in post partum along with baby. She will see what is happening here go back to India and spread the things there. Her main intention was to come to see USA and take gifts for her children. Inspite of all hardships I had and have, I never gave up and took care of my baby. Stay strong ladies.

Now now she still tells she wants to come and help me lol. I know her intention.
    Post delivery my baby had spit up issues and it's so common. She has delivered 5 babies and was acting so silly when I told her baby is spitting up. She spread the news to all our relatives and when we had a tLk with them they say ur baby is spouting a lot it seems. After this issue I stopped her chapter and never bother her.

My tag in pregnancy was to not get anyone whom we are not comfortable with. I could stick to it till now. I don't regret not having any fake help. With all the problems I have I'm all good. I pray god for whatever issues I have and share it with good souls for suggestions.
    With whatever probs I have,
    And I always pretend I'm super happy that burns all of their asses

strong people lift others up and not put them down

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. shrutimanjunath

She's queen cobra dear.

5. bluebanana

bluebanana Bronze IL'ite

MIL- I am 56. Still I am so active (well she doesn't do any house hold work and has several health issue. She just roams here and there and do pooja whole day).
    Me (in mind)- You are just 56 not 85. Too young too pass such statements. My aunts of your age look much younger and active than you.
    MIL- I cannot work in kitchen because my hands doesn't have grip (but madam will continuously look at me what I am doing like cctv camera and will pass instructions and comments in background).
    Me (in mind)- You invest all your energy in using your mind, eyes, ears and mouth. So no energy is left for the hand to work.
    MIL- Call me mummyji and not mummy. You don't have proper "sanskar". Learn my sanskar.
    Me (in mind)- You yourself address your mil as amma not ammaji. First look at your own Sanskar and point to others.
    Even if i am talking to someone in home or doing some basic thing she will continuously ask "What happened?"
    Me :bang why can't you mind your own business? Why you want to know each and everything happening in house????

She will give continuous instructions in whatever (take it as it is )I am doing.
    Me - God has given me brain too. Let me use that. I wish I could put tape on her mouth.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

put a tape... ha ha ha ha

7. anjalisingh152

anjalisingh152 Silver IL'ite

Bluebanana you arte 100% correct dear . They just want some points to speak.......

8. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

MIL: (anything goes here)
    ME: Your such ****ing liar

1 person likes this.
  9. PersonalTaste

PersonalTaste Silver IL'ite

Here too same.. Are we postman to deliver these messages?

10. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Its a different thing now - everyday she says ' my neighbour is going to the US. her son is taking her there', 'my friend just returned from US from her son's place'... :)