1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Natural medicine for yeast infection??

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by srivanisomula, Jan 13, 2007.

1. srivanisomula

srivanisomula New IL'ite

hii i have been suffering from yeast infection .. almost i am getiing it every 45 days or so now this is my third time after i had my copper T IUD and i don't know the reason for it.. it will be fine if i have some pill and i am in usa and my doc told its very common in women and can any body tell me if i need to change my dite?? or what should i take to prevent it completly now i am 25 yrs old
    thanks in advance

2. balaallaka

balaallaka New IL'ite

hai srivani

hai srivani,
    i don't know much about this.but some body suggest me to take cranbury juice 2 times a day to prevent it with out taking any pills.

and if u check this site http://www.healthywomen.org/healthtopics/yeastinfections/treatment

u will know some information.if i know any other tips i will definately let u know.okay then bye.

take care,
    bala.

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Check this website out...
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vaginitis/DS00255/DSECTION=8

It is very common for IUD users to get yeast infections. Have you asked your ob/gyn about anti-fungal creams? Have you considered male contraception as an option?
    Yogurt with active culture can help acidify & reduce the risk of fungal infections.
    Use cotton lingerie, keep the area dry & also cleaning after intercourse helps reduce the occurrence.
    Cranberry juice is mostly suggested for bladder infections - that too it depends on which organism is more prevalent in the culture - because some are acid loving bacteria while others aren't.
    Hope this info helps.
    L.

4. srivanisomula

srivanisomula New IL'ite

thanks for ur suggestion and it is really helpful to me

5. nativehealth

nativehealth New IL'ite

Probiotics are a popular natural remedy for yeast infection. They are live microbial organisms that are naturally present in the digestive tract and vagina. Probiotics, sometimes referred to as "friendly" bacteria, suppress the growth of potentially harmful organisms such as Candida, which is why probiotic supplements have been explored as a natural remedy for yeast infection.

The type of probiotic being studied for yeast infections is Lactobacillus, especially Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1, and Lactobacillus fermentum RC-14. In some studies, low levels of Lactobacilli in the vagina have been associated with yeast infection.

Preliminary lab studies have found that Lactobacilli can block the growth of Candida albicans in the vagina. Some clinical trials support these finding, however, the quality of these studies has generally been poor, making it difficult to draw definite conclusions.

Probiotics are available as oral supplements. Probiotic vaginal supposities are also available, although they are more difficult to find. To learn more about probiotics, read my article on acidophilus and probiotics.