1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Live for self not for society..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by littl, Apr 14, 2014.

1. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

Why do parents rule their children's to make their life systematic for the sake of society ?

is the society and the opinions from that society is so important than our own and family & children's happy life ?

okay now you all might have wondering why am posing such questions..
    This is for those parents who give importance to the society and trying to keep hold their and their children's life systematic instead of giving importance to self or their children's.

accepting the love of children's is one issue .. some parents understand and some not but now i am not writing about that college love..

A girl who is leading an abusive married life from 5 years and never shared her sorrows to anyone .. she keep consults her parents that she don't wanna stay with him that she don't like him but her parents just says "compromise "

and one day some how that girl met a boy , (the one she dreamed about how exactly her life partner should be....)

they become friends and she liked him and admired him and one day she shared bout her sorrows and everything about abusive marriage with him..

the boy advised her to get out of that relation and get a real life , AND marry some other if she wish to.. but she is thinking about her 5 years daughter .. that can she be happy if she get divorced or get married again..

days passes and she fell in love with him and by getting strengths some how she asked that boy "will u marry me if i get divorced and will u take good care of me and my daughter .....?"

the boy took time but said yes finally....

both were happy dreaming and discussing about their future life..

at last she dared to plead her father to help her to get divorce by explaining about her abusive marriage but again the reply she got is " just adjust dear, i cant bare or see my daughter getting divorce and what everyone thinks about our family.. bla bla bla./../

she said the same to the boy that she can't disobey her fathers words and get divorce.. then the boy said come with me i will take u away from everyone..

she is ready to die but can't stay with her hubby and also by thinking about the father's request with wet eyes...

she also think about the boy who accepted her even after knowing everything .. but now she couldn't stand on her promise just because of her father's happiness that she never seen him crying.

finally the girl commits suicide and then the boy who is deep in love with her.,

There are many ways to get an end to such love stories ... can be happy ending also but mostly sad ends .. just for the sake of society and their opinions and comments ...

I don't know why some think odd and worse even at retirement age but i always think that No one is living for others but except for him/her self .. at least for one's family then why do anyone think and give importance to " what others thinks when doing the right thing for own life...?"

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014

2. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

Exactly .. and these days not just children but we can see some parents also don't care about their children's unless they are well settled financially .. yeah crazy Kali effect :crazy

1 person likes this.
  3. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Littl,

Either I have grown too analytic or inured to amorous kamikaze in paper, I fail to sympathize with the plight of our love-torn protaganist.

She is too timorous to march gallantly to her love nest but at the same time she is NOT too subservient to obey her father, counting the number of times he flashes pearly teeth. Either way she appears too confused to me!

Poor society! I think we blame it too much to cover our failings, misgivings and pusillanimity.

3 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear littl,

Frankly, there is no point in leading a life that is draining all our enthusiasm on a daily basis. At the same time, no one should think life is bed of roses. There will be ups and downs in life. When a person gets married, he or she takes greater responsibilies and when they decide to have a child, they undertake more responsibilities.

In the scenario you described, one has to be very courageous and stand up for her own rights. Committing suicide is nothing but lack of courage to face the life. There is no point in blaming the society for that.

If I was in her shoes, I would make an attempt to fix the married life to order by understanding the root cause of issues. Every day spent in a hostile environment is bad for the daughter. If that does not work out, I will seek divorce and secure an independent home and job to protect the child. It does not matter what others think about her married life. She has to make decisions for her and her daughter. After establishing independent life for her and her daughter, she could look for other relationship that is conducive both to her and her daughter. She has to make that judgment and simply not take words of a new man.

Taking life leaving the child in lurch is irresponsible behavior. I have no sympathy for such a person. She can blame the society until the cows come home, but she has no one to blame except herself.

The behavior of the society is nothing bur collection of behaviors of each individual in the society. An adult who does not know how to correct her own life has no right to blame the society.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  5. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

@ Aria And Viswamitra -- :iagree

1 person likes this.
  6. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

I disagree with you alll........ Yeah i dislikey......... He he he.....

If a spine has to be grown it has to be the father.......

A man is abusing your princess on a daily basis both mentally and physically and all you come up with is a pathetic excuse of society........

Father is a father for life...... If child is under threat.... World be damned...... Hell hath no fury like a father angry........

Second now the girl she obeyed her parents all her life.... She always saw her happiness through her parents eyes..... And now in this emotional blackmail by the Dad she is drained further.....
    She i wrong when she commits suicide because she also is a mother and has left her daughter with an abusive father thus ruining her her life pretty much....

And not SOCIETY has to pay for the wrongs that it allows to perpetuate in the name of customs and moral values and demarcating people Black and White..........

So shame on society and Shame to infinity on that father of the girl for letting her die just because he lacks a spine.................

Q..... Has spoken.......

1 person likes this.
  7. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

HU HU HU ... :crazy

2 people like this.
  8. Bonjour

Bonjour Bronze IL'ite

Yeah, to some extent, I agree with the fact that people do react w.r.t society.

My own experience says that. I never knew the society care for me this much, until I reached 25. More than my parents, society worry alot for my marriage and create a hell out of it.

I always thought that in this busy world everyone will be busy with their own set of life so where they have time to think about others. But I was wrong. They do have hell lot of problems to deal but despite of that, they never fail to poke their nose on others business. They think a lot about gals esp if she is in mid of twenties and still single. She will be the talk of the town for being single yet.

Recently I meet my mom's walking mate. She was complaining about her son who is loving a gal (who belongs to some lower caste, it seems). She was literally cursing her son while talking about this topic. When my mom advised her not to use such words on her own son. She simply replied that she won’t consider him as her son if he brings a bad name to her family by marrying that gal. She said that she can’t face her brothers and sisters, mamas’ and mamis’ and kakas’ and kakis’ if he marries that gal.

I wonder, what's wrong with parents? I know, they care alot about their children. But here a mom's love is completely masked by the so called society. She don't want her son to marry that gal simply because she can’t face her relatives and the so called society. Is caste and society more important to a mom than her son's life and happiness?

What others think about our family? Is one of the major issues with our elders. They worry more about the society than their son/daughter. Societies do force the ppl to think the way they are thinking…

9. Binita88

Binita88 New IL'ite

life is instead selfish.. why would we live for others..just take other's word in one side of ear and release it others side :cool2: