Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seetha3

Seetha3 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunitha:

Good to note that your son's B day party went on well.

I was wondering whether we call can share with each other about how to repair the recipes if the recipes went bad. I remember when i made mysore-pak for the first time, I had to remove the mixture before it had reached the stage as my 2 1/2 year old got restless. But I had the intution to transfer it back to the vessel and after a few mins of stirring I knew I got the perfect mysore-pak.

Even though the recipe calls for adding ghee in steps, I had done all that but was forced to take the entire mixture back to the pan in order to get a desired final product.

Hope this inputs help those who are trying to cook first time. Dont give up but find ways to mend it!! Chithraji , you have to share with us your valuable inputs here?

Seetha

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou, GJaya!

Dear Jaya,
    Thankyou for the nice feedback.
    Love& regards,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Thankyou, Sunitha!

Dear Sunitha, Thankyou for the feedback.
    You have made a whole lot of things - really enterprising you are ! In India, it is not difficult with help around.But you, living in the U S , making a large spread, is not easy, I think!
    Deepavali legiyam, sometimes sets too fast-depends on the quality of jaggery used, which we can't predict. But halwas & the like, are always easy to repair. This is how, along with cooking, we learn "repairng" also to salvage them!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Hi, seetha!

Dear Seetha, Saw your note to Suneetha. With halwas, " mending " is always easy!
    But with burfis & the like, you need luck, as well !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot

Dear Chithra Madam and Seetha

Thanks for all the nice words...I did toil almost the whole day for it...but in the end,it was worth it...I got a lot of praises for the food since everything turned out perfect.My husband was too delighted for words.

I made all the sweets a day in advance so it helped a bit.This is the 2nd time I am trying Mysorepak..both times it came out well,my husband says it is closest to Krishna Sweets Mysorepak..I think that says it all!!! Also,Seetha,I think Mysorepak is very easy to mend..For me too,the first time it did not set,then I put it back in the stove for a few more minutes and it came out perfect.

I am too thrilled with the Diwali Marundhu..My MIL says the first time she made Diwali Marundhu,she also had the same problem,she had to throw it all away...Atleast I am happy I did not have to throw it away.We (my husband and I) had to use screwdriver,hammer:shock: etc to take it out of the kadai...there was really a scene in the kitchen..then it struck me that maybe I could put a little water and try and microwave it...anyway it was not edible at that stage,so even if the microwave experiment fails,no problem.Thankfully,the microwave experiment did not fail ....

Cheers:thumbsup

6. vishnu vandana

vishnu vandana New IL'ite

guggiya

Hi All,

Please be advised i wud like to know the propotions of maida , to make guggiya ?:confused:

Regards
    Vishnu

7. Chitvish

Gujiya proportions

Hi, My recipe for gujiya is:
    Dough - 2 cups maida, 1/4 cup ghee, coldwater to mix
    Filling - !/2 cup khoa, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp cardm powder, 1 tbsp chopped almond, 2 tsp chironji
    Drop in hot oil & fry on a slow firetill completely done & crisp.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

8. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Request recipe for adai

dear chitra

I am glad to say that i am one of the many who is benefited by your expertise on cooking. I have tried many of your receipes and tips and they always come out successfully. I request you post a receipe for adai.

Thanking you in advance
    shubha.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  9. Chitvish

Adai is ready!

Hello Subha,
    Thanks for the feedback. I have just drafted the recipe for 3 types of adai & plan to post them today. Please look out for the same in the tiffins & snacks thread.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

10. Jaya

Jaya New IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

This time, my methi sprouted very well and the methi sambar also was too good. Thank you for the tips you gave me on sprouting.

Regards
    Jaya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.