Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi - Beware

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by sharadha, Apr 6, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sharadha,

I used to drink PEPSI a lot during my college and initial working days and till date it is in my favourite list but I have stopped drinking all aerated drinks. Though I hit on MANGOLA at times. I prefer Tender Coconut Water now a days.

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the info Sharada..For me, any day the old natural healthy "NO side effects" drinks made by our Grannies beat all these Chemical based drinks.....

Regards,

C

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  3. Revathi

Revathi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sharadha,
    very useful info to make everyone more aware of carbonated beverages. but still Iam wondering how these Americans drink 7 to 9 ozs of soda with their food orders in the restaurants and when they are leaving they will fill the cups again from the fountain.

4. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Revathi,

You aptly said it.. :exactly:. If there is a will there is a way. Not only in America but in Gulf too the locals cant live a day without having the fizz drinks. I have an arabic friend who was once my colleague. When I briefed her about this post, she said " sharadha I know its not good for my health. But I cant even think of living without this. May be i would reduce the number of drinks per day". Some people don't wish to give importance to what others say just because they want to live the life as they wish.

PS: This lady whom i referred to used to have 7 -8 tins of 7 up every day.

5. preethasiva

preethasiva New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">thanx a lot for ur very informative post.usually i was much tempted towards this diet coke and pepsi.i was shocked to read this.thanx again for opening my eyes.
    preethsiva
    <TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

6. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi preeth,

Thanks a lot for stepping in and sharing your thoughts. You are most welcome.

7. Kitchuppa

Kitchuppa New IL'ite

Hi,
    Good warning signals given for youngsters who live on these drinks. Infact, in western food stuff they dont have much acidic items and when they consume more sugars, fatty items these acidic bevereges help them digest the food.
    For our type of foods from tropical countries like in India these beverages will add fuel to fire. Hyper acidity leading to ulcers and peptic ulcers will be result.We take enough of tamarind, mirchi and salt through our food.
    We need to take good things from westerners and avoid things which will not suit to our cultures.
    Sundar

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sharadha,

We have been hearing about all this warning of asparatime from long time. I still don't see people stopping from drinking them

and during my this visit to oman, I saw the craze for sparkling water with a dash of lemon, strawberry or whatever, it is also slightly sugared and some have a warning on the label itself that it is harmful..

I really don't know how many do read the warnings...

Asparatime reacts if you have any heart conditions or renal conditions very badly. and there are certain medicines which will react with this.

So please if somebody has a medical condition think twice before picking up a can of soda, diet coke or diet pepsi....

We all drink water, we are against fizzes in any form.....

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  9. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    Really a good informative post. It is better to drink water/coconut water or fresh juices rather than taking these carbonated beverages.

10. konkana

konkana New IL'ite

I use to take a lot of these things before,but it makes u feel different,u can feel it