May 2014 Mom to Be Club :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ruthwithus, Sep 9, 2013.

1. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

hi buddies...
    went to another hospital.. Very near to my house and I liked the hospital atmosphere also very well... doctor is very very experienced practicing for morE than 50 years and has seen more than 50000 deliveries... So finalized this doctor itself...

@gae3.. Good that u go for walk.. Meanwhile keep ur self calm with in laws....
    @zoya.. Yeah... Shopping.. Mainly window shopping at malls give me good walk on weekends.... But mom is now restricting me from going out.. But then with my pestering she takes me out...
    @radical.. So sad u r unable to go out.. Thank god.. No elders with me now.. So no restriction... As said I pester my mom to take me out and go out for some malls....

3 people like this.
  2. Nidhi2014

Nidhi2014 Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies,

hope you are doing great and excited about May babies!!

hi crazymom, I am doing good, it is difficult to keep tab of so many things these days, my parents would be here soon, just waiting for them..why do you go for scan every week? My doc did not order any scans after week 20, I would bring this up to my doc in my next appointment, they are yet to give me weekly appointments, it wud start by apr 14th. This is my first baby so kinda anxious. For hospital bag, they told us to have 2 bags - one for L&D (light stuff) and one for post partum, I guess I can take some help from your list. Have a healthy and safe pregnancy and keep working until the d day :), it wud keep you physicallyf it and active. I really am not in a condition to walk much due to pelvic pressure and groin pain.

Hi radical, how are you doing ? I too have mild swelling in my feet but no BP / sugar issues, my doctor seems okay with it. I hope yours in control as well..why your doc prescribed BP tablet when your BP is normal? I am sorry but I did not read your many earlier posts but I see your from recent ones that despite your sugar and BP in control, you are being advised for C section? Are you okay with it?

A great weekend to rest of the members of May club!

nidhi

1 person likes this.
  3. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

Hi Radical,

Wowww... u have just 3 weeks to go.. Yayyy.. :) We are also eager along with you to know the birth story and other details. I guess now the days will fly fast for you coz you have to buy baby stuffs before april 24th. Wish you loads of luck for easy delivery dear...
    After april 27th no more sugar test or BP test! Everything will go away and you could relax. I am so excited for you!

Hi Crazymom,That is a great update! You have compensated for the days you missed visitng dear :) Thanks for the list, I was wondering what to pack for hospital back, will start doing things one by one.
    And as aarthizone said, try to slow down and take lil rest dear. You need more energy once baby s out than now! I feel as if you are running all the time!

I have so much stuffs to do. My mom started purchasing things I have asked her to. My MIL is also purchasing stuffs to give to my mom. So I have to give the list of things to both of them which I need to get from India

Hi Gae3,Hope you are enjoying nice food dear.. How is your health?

Hi Aarthizone,
    I too wanna go and pick up my mom. But I have to travel totally 6 hrs back and forth. I am not sure whether my health wud let me travel so long. But I have applied leave on that day and ready to welcome her :)

Hi tinygirl,
    Good to know your swelling is reducing.. Keep drinking more water and everything will be fine!

Hi Crazyqueen,

How are you doing? Its always nice to go out and have a walk, isn't it?

Hi Nidhi,

Since Crazymom has GD she is having weekly scan. But most of the doctors in US stop with 20th week scan. My doc told that there wud be a scan at 30th week too and that was over for me., I guess no more scans for me too!

A big Hi to all others..! Have a great week ahead ladies

1 person likes this.
  4. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

Hope Everyone had great weekend!

My update - This weekend I went for shopping Yaaayy!!! purchased few things.
    It was so hot on saturday, was damn tierd. I had lunch in my fav resturant all thanks to my inalws.

Apart from this, my aches and pains are as usual. adding one more thing to my list, Urinary infection. Dr has asked me to get Urine Culture done to confirm.
    I will get report on wednesday.Hopefully I have passed, I dont want to take antibiotics :( I have Dr's appointment this Friday.

Yes I have just three weeks, its scary. I have no idea how I will manage my LO. I am having lot of anxiety.

@Crazyqueen - Good that you have found Dr and liked hospital too. All the best.

@nidhi - Actually my swelling was a big concern, It din't come down at all. I followed everything to bring swelling down, but nothing worked.
    The day she checked it was 120/94. She was not happy with this and prescribed BP tab.
    Since I am on 20 units of insulin 4 times a day, my sugar levels are in control.

Am I okay with C Sec - I am not sure. I trust my dr, I know her from many years and she is my aunt. She said, considering your medical complications
    I dont want to take risk. I know she always decides what's best for me.
    When I think of procedure and after affects I am bit scared. Hopefully evrything goes smoothly.

@Zoya - I am too excited but very scared dear. Yeah, I am spending time making list and reading about Bfeeding, massaging and many more :)
    Yes, after my LO's arrival no more insulin. Waiting for that day :)

Radical

5. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

Hi radical,

I got urinary track infection too. I had lower back pain whenever I wanted to pee and it went away as soon as i use washroom. I googled and then found that its a symptom for UTI.
    So during last check-up, I asked my doc to test it and she said that there is a very mild infection. And she gave me tablets for a week. I know that its not good to have anti-biotics now, but seems since uterus is very near to our bladder, its better to treat it soon else there is a chance infection spreads to uterus too.

so, its good she asked u to check for uti. Hope its nothing, but even if its there, be happy that u found out dear!

6. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

A question to ladies from US.

Did you ladies have any Strep b test? If so, what its and when and why shud we have it?
    I reasearched abt it in google but I am very confused abt it,

7. Nidhi2014

Nidhi2014 Silver IL'ite

Hi radical, I too have mild swelling in my feet and hands, but the doctor seems to be ok as there is no BP, it had started around 30 weeks but used to go away when I would be careful with my salt intake and sugars as well. But now even though I follow healthy diet, I see the swelling has not reduced, maybe I shud bring this up in my next appointment ..

Hi Zoya, strep b test is done between 35-37 weeks, I guess I would have it in my next appointment.... They have a reason to do it.. Strep B infection even though less common can be harmful to baby. During delivery, baby has to pass through birth canal and vagina which if infected with strep B can be passed to baby and cause harm. At 37 weeks, if it is detected, they can treat it with antibiotics that can "reduce" infection chances to 1 in 4000. This is done by vaginal swab....I hate vaginal swab tests as they give me lot of cramping....in USA, doctors are soo pushy for such exams. I remember when I became pregnant, I willingly delayed my first scan to 11 weeks because before then u do not much see of a baby and that too you have higher probability of getting vaginal ultrasound which is v scary..I had read online horror stories of getting those done and they repented. So, when I went for first scan @ 11 weeks, I was relieved doc cud find the baby through abdominal U/S (even though I am on heavier side). Nonetheless doctor did gonorrhea test which she said presumably was mandatory..initially she said she wud do PAP, but I gave her my reports of PAP which I has just done before pregnancy, then she said she wants to do gonorrohea. She did it and I didn't like it because it caused cramping to me. I was v scared, thankfully cramping went off next day. And I googled and found that this test was NOT mandatory but recommended. Maybe it was their hospitals policy. We Indians largely do not have multiple sex partners, are married and faithful to our husbands and I think they go according protocol followed here. This is a form of STD and I guess is prevalent in population who do not have safe sex.

Have any one of you taken T-DAP during pregnancy or imm after birth??
    I just want to avoid unnecessary vaccines during pregnancy, as I know no vaccine is given in India during pregnancy.

1 person likes this.
  8. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello,

@Zoya - Very true. I hope I don't have infection, If I have then will take meds. I don't want it to spread at all.

@Nidhi - Yeah, check with your Dr. My dr was saying blood circulation is very important now. This might also be one of the reason she prescribed tabs to bring down swelling.

Radical

9. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

@Zoya,
    So April month is exciting for you.Waiting for mummy and baby shower.
    Enjoy.:clapApril 25th is also an imp date, for me.As doc said after 25th anytime delivery can happen.

@Crazymom,
    Nice list dear.Thanks for sharing.You will work till D-day.
    Hats off to your stamina and will power dear.:2thumbsup:
    So do you have any help at home?How have you been managing cooking and cleaning and a kid too so far?Its not like India right?You wont have domestic help there in US.

@tinygirl,
    The climate in Bangalore is making us tiered so soon and dehydrated.n
    I am stocking up tender coconuts dear.Today real feel is 41.Phew.
    DH has ordered AC,hopefully will see better days. So all the best for next scan.
    Any exercise you started?

@Radical
    Dear, we all have bad days.Its just the tiredness and the anxiety makes us go bonkers.I am sure your family would have understood your condition and ignored it also.Relax dear.The day is over forget it dear.
    Great news dear, Your April mommy.And first one to deliver in our due date club.
    Just 20 more days, must be exciting.Congrats on maintaining the levels dear.Will pray that you don't get any Urinary infections, just take loads of water dear, The climate is horrible here in Bangalore.

@Aaarthizone,
    So whats in next for you LO's dress collection dear?
    eagerly waiting to see the tiny dresses.I also wanted to so some DIY stuffs from many days.Finally that the air is clear at home.My brain is functioning better.
    Started knitting.This is how far I could get in 2 days.

@Crazyqueen,
    Thanks dear.walking really makes me have a fresh mind.Trying to do some yoga but not able to be regular and unable to catch up to their pace.

@Nidhi,
    I am also facing littel swelling in my ankles dear.My feet are are very skinny you can see nerves in them.But now due to swelling actually my feet is looking good.:mrgreen:
    But still have to ask doc.tomorrow I have my usual appointment.

my updates:
    Officially entering 9th month today.Finally w/o the monster at home.
    Enjoying my days.Cook is cooking well so having good leafy and green veggies nowadays.My fruits and nuts intake has also become better.More than all mind is clam, I am able to start some hobby and plan better for baby.DH is doing work from home.So enjoying all the pampering.

I see for most friends here doc has suggested 36 week scan.But my doc said we will wait 38. So got to wait 3 more weeks to see the LO.May be as I had my previous scan at 28 weeks.
    My DH is bad at finalizing stuffs, so had to go with him to finalize AC.Was standing for 2 hours in shop with intermittent breaks to sit. Although I felt little tiered my back pain increased also in the morning I had severe leg cramps.So now I have noticed that when I stand for long hours the next day my cramps are too bad.Even if I rotate my feet or turn my foot towards me it doesn't release.Its bad.:shaking:

I also wanted to know if anyone has their baby dropped/engaged.
    Like I heard as we are nearing our Due date, the baby settles down.And for ladies who are carrying high its a big relief as they can breathe better and acid reflex reduces.
    I am at times a bit worried about labor or what if I get into labor before 37 weeks.
    Keep worrying me.Any tips from STM's to handle?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

Wow Nidhi, thanks for the info on Strep B. I will check with my doc in my next appnt. I would be 34 weeks by then.

Radical, dont worry, everything will turn out good and you will have ur sweet LO in your hands in few days :)

Hi Gae3..
    Wow you are knitting! Awesome dear. This shows that you are having a peaceful time at home. Enjoy the last month with DH pampering and good food from cook. It shigh time for you to have some rest and enjoy the remaining days. Dont worry abt delivering before 37 weeks dear. Many of my friends/relatives delivered before tat and by now your LO must have had all organs developed fully and can breath on her own.
    However, its good if baby stays till 39-40 weeks and lets hope and pray that they stay safe and warm inside till then.
    I do think abt delivering pre-maturely ar times and tell my LO, stay inside mommy for another 5 weeks minimum. I am in my 33rd week. It would be great if she stays inside till 37th week.

I am waiting for you ladies to tell me whether your baby dropped. Coz I am due last of may and I would like to know when it wud happen. I am carrying high and I breathe heavily :-D like a monster!

hello crazymom, aarthizone, tinygirl and others... Hope all are doing great.

I hope and pray SSMOM is doing good and things are fine with her!

2 people like this.