1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Dry sheets in the US

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by ramyav_cse, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

2. Kavithapenmaths

Kavithapenmaths New IL'ite

Hi,

You can buy mattress protectors from ikea store for good price and good quality also.

kavitha

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Ramya I dont think Quick dry sheets are available. You can check out water proof mattress pads.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ramya, I dont think these are available in North America. Can you place an online order?
    Here a matress protector is availabe. Its lined inside with waterproof material and on top is a regular sheet. You dont have to worry about the mattress getting wet. However, if I remember this correct, i was $150 per sheet when I bought it 6 years ago. Maybe you are better off getting the regular plastic sheets for toddlers (available in Babies R Us) so that all you need to do is change that sheet instead of removing everything off the matress.

5. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Thanks Rakhii. I dont prefer the plastic sheets that I can use under my fitted sheet since they tend to be heat inducing if the fitted sheet is not thick enough.

6. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Thanks Ramya. The water proof mattress pads are good but I'd like to wash and sanitize them and not sure if thats gonna be easy on a daily basis with a water proof mattress. Im on a watch out for friends that are visiting India soon...or an easier option would be to ask my mom to send the quick dry sheets by post.

7. ramyaramani

@Ramya Maybe you can try chux/underpads. These are of the disposable kind. They are available in different sizes too. So you don't have to worry about washing/sanitizing them everyday. I used to use them as disposable changing pads for DD.

8. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Thanks Ramyaramani. How on earth did I forget this. Werent these the ones the hospital gave us at the time of delivery. I grabbed a bunch of them when we came back and used them at home too...Im buying these from amazon. As you said, disposable ones are an extra bonus to a working mother :)

9. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Search Waterproof Crib Mattress pad in amazon or such sites. You get it from Carters/American Baby kind of brands...I guess it will serve your purpose..

10. ramyaramani

@ramya the same ones. They are wonderful alternates for quick dry sheet.