1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DH weird or am I over reacting?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by klniha, Mar 24, 2014.

1. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

There is no valid reason which should make you feel disgusted. Again, there is not even an inkling of cause for another fight.

It is his way of keeping his mom's memorabilia ! I still keep the twenty years old pocket note (almost torn and decrepit) which my Dad started for me for the purpose of developing English vocabulary , while I was a kid. Whenever I see it, I remember my Dad.

If I ever come to know that my wife (if at all) feels weird and disgusting about it , Oh My God ! I have no words to say, how cheap I would feel about her. Fortunately, I don't think, my wife would ever think that way !

2. klniha

klniha Bronze IL'ite

Thank you ladies.
    Reading all your replies made me feel better.
    My DH is nice to me and a very good father. But sometimes he gets influenced by him mom's talk. She used to complaint about me, my parents, siblings etc which influenced him, mostly about my family, as he knows me well, he doesn't really take him mom's words about me seriously but when we fight he uses them. But she has changed now too, or may be there is no interaction b/w our families except hi hello when required and general stuff. Because of her ways, I feel she doesn't deserve his love but who am I to say that. I really hope she can become as good a mother as he is a son. Ok will not go into my MIL details, I can write a book on her.

Anyway, I will leave this here. Thanks again!

1 person likes this.
  3. Geetamohan

Geetamohan Bronze IL'ite

some people are sentimental just like your Dh

Me too never let throw any thing from my parents.

When mt feelings cause no harm to any one then what's the point of changing or thinking too much

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Now why is he forced to swallow words about his feelings for his mom? That doesn't bode well for the OP.

5. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

OP, its not weird. Because I DO that too! :) In fact, when I came to US from India - my mom made some barfi - and she packed it. I used to eat little by little everyday..It went bad after two months , but still I did not throw it away (yuck,right?). But whenever I would pick it up to put in the trash - i would remember my mom making it..And i would have tears in my eyes. It went on for a long time :)
    There are some sentimental fools like us - your H is just one of us :) Go easy on him :)

6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Nothing to be worried about. We store all the letters (with covers), greeting cards, gifts (non edible) that we have received from either of our family members. Once in a while, while cleaning, will go over them, remember the memories and put them back in the closet.

7. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Come on, OP, this is a bit too much. If your DH is more sentimental than you are about his mom, there's nothing for you to feel disgusted about or fight over. Let him be. If you aren't that sentimental about your mom, well, that's just you. Nothing wrong in that either. What he is doing seems to be pretty harmless, you don't need to set him right.
    Live and let live.:thumbsup

8. Nd123

Nd123 Gold IL'ite

I am not sentimental at all. I don't even save the greeting cards given to me properly. So I understand where you are coming from.

Not being able to understand his emotions combined with dislike towards his mom makes you feel like he values his mom over you. I don't think that the emotion you feel is disgust but jealousy...

There are some things we can control and some you can't. Your husband loves his mom. There are some emotional needs that only his mom can satisfy. Accept it because you cant change it. The sooner you get over it the happier you will be...

9. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Feeling very bad for your DH that his wife will decide whether his own mom deserve his love or not...though you have already mentioned he never use his mom's word for you and she is also changing.

OP, I know you will not like my post but please keep your self at his mom's place and your son at DH place and then think ..

10. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Most men have the habit of hoarding useless junk... may be their DNA still has some remnants of hunter/gatherers.. your DH is no different..don't draw too many conclusions from it.