hospital review..al emadi vs doha clinic

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by gopikarenjith, Sep 26, 2013.

1. premabarani

premabarani Gold IL'ite

Hi Gopika
    wish you a safe delivery.
    You can come to Al Emadi hospital, here there are 2 Iraqi doctors & 1 pakistani doctor. Iraqi dr is the chief- Dr. Najla. She is also good. Dr. Sonia can only see the pts, she is not authorized to conduct deliveries. Even if you consult her at the end she'll redirect you to other Obstetricians. How many weeks are you & when is your due date.
    Prema barani

2. gopikarenjith

gopikarenjith Bronze IL'ite

hey yaa..
    yup planning to visit emadi as soon as possible..back in doha few days before..am 21 w..:)
    my due as per lmp is feb 9...edd is 22 feb..there is some minor complications..regarding growth...but nothing serious...wants a doc who could be supportive actually...

3. premabarani

premabarani Gold IL'ite

Hi Gopika
    If your LMP is Feb 9 then your EDD will be around Nov 16, if your periods are regular ones.
    Any how best wishes for safe delivery,
    Prema Barani

4. gopikarenjith

no yaa..
    am due on feb 9 my lmp was may4...anyways went to emadi yesterday....happy with them....hoping to continue with them..done my anomaly again...but according to results was told no need to shift my edd, only thing is that i ll have a small baby...actually cant say how much releived am by their words ,that my baby is fine n good...

initial growth retard was a concern for 2 doctors i met previously so they had shifted my edd to 22 feb,but now i think my LO made up......:)

5. Anamtvm

Anamtvm Silver IL'ite

Hi gopika,
    Hope Ur n baby fine, glad u have liked the drs at el emadi, take care n keep the faith :)

6. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

I was seeing Dr.Maha in Doha hospital when i was pregnant with my second DD but i did delivery in India.My experience was good and i recommended same doctor to my 2 other friends who did delivery here.There experience was also very good and they were happy to find such good doctor.Only problem with this doctor is,there are lot of patients seeing her and sometimes we have to sit there for almost 1-2 hrs.

For some gynaec related problem i have seen Dr.Sadia, Pakistani doctor in El-emadi and was happy with results.

Which Dr. you went there?

No experience about Al-Ahli hospital.

Best wishes for you and baby,take care.

7. gopikarenjith

hi manisha..
    am seeing dr.sonia in emadi...as of now am satisfied....my next appointment ll on 2nd week of nov...waiting for it:)..heard she wont be handling deliveries..go to speak with her about this...

1 person likes this.
  8. SG8587

SG8587 New IL'ite

Hi Gopika,

you had mentioned earlier that you want your husband to be near you during delivery..even I was hoping that my husband could be near me and I'm new to this place and I'm 10 weeks preg now...visiting aster clinic...I would like to know how is emadi and is it allowed there to have husbands along with you for delivery...I had my first scan last week and they don't even allow husbands with you...but the doc there is nice..but this is my first baby and I want hubby to be there with me :(...could you pls let me know more about emadi and is dr. Sonia an Indian?

sharon

9. gopikarenjith

Hi sharon..
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. .actually I am lil busy nowadays. .stuck up with 2 kids lol...
    Had my delivery on al emadi hospital on feb 2..I was consulting dr.sonia there she s lebanese. .no indian gynaec there I guess..my journey of this pregnancy was quite tough..I started seeing sonia from my 21 weeks..she was supportive considered even the stupidest fears of us and a good one...except that last stage we had some issues there. ..dr.sonia wont attend delivery so referred us to another gynaec dr.maha in the hospital at my last visit with her...thr very second day I started getting uncomfortable and went to hospital to see my new doc dr.maha and learned she s on leave and expected to return after my due date (" seriously that was the last thing Iwanna hear"). THEN I demanded for dr.sonia. ..oh even she s on leave. ...that was ridiculous. ..I didn't expect such a miscommunication in a hospital. ..I was told only one left is cheif gynaec a male doc dr.essam...with no option left we met him with full rage of course. ..but he was too sweet. .supporting. ..apologise for such a behaviour. ..examined me conformed labor start and coz of previous pelvic incompatible issues scheduled c section very next day...apart from that miscommunication issues. .my journey with emadi was excellent their aftercare for both baby n mom s excellent. .even my last doc dr.essam was truly very professional supportive .

Emadi hospital do allow husbands in scanning n delivery if its gona be normal not in ot if c section. ..I ll suggest dr. Essam than sonia coz he enquire your each concerns. ..ready to answer queries and does his job well..he even repaired my earlier c section scar and now only thing left is just a line for me after 3 weeks...
    If you are comfortable with male doc go for him. ..also if with sonia..make sure during your last visits that referred doc s available ... (mistakes! !!)... hope I answered you clearly. .feel free to ask anything regarding this...

10. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Hi Gopika, I need some advise from you. How do I talk to you?