1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

watery eyes at 3month

Discussion in 'Infants' started by babymiracle, Mar 7, 2014.

1. babymiracle

babymiracle Senior IL'ite

hi all

I m first time mother of 3month old baby girl.. her eyes are lookingg radies and watery.. i m realy scared hope its normal??? i hv notice tht while breastfeeding her eyes get more watery wht could be the reason... plz share ur exp ii m realy worried

waiting for ur ans girls

2. Rathikka

Rathikka Silver IL'ite

hi babymiracle,
    It happened to my baby.his ped says it's normal she asked me to massage the corner of the eye sockets where your eyebrows meet the bridge of your nose for every 2 hours.if it not works even after 2 weeks consult your baby's pediatrician they will provide you some eye drops that's it nothing to worry. Enjoy your motherhood!

3. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Do not worry, this is normal. You can soak some cotton pads in warm water, make sure to squeeze all water out and clean her eye in one single stroke, do not re clean using the same pad. As the above poster mentioned you can gently massage the inner corner of her eye with your pinkie fginger to unblock her tear glands.

If her eyelids are swollen or eyes get really red in the next few days, I would consult with a pediatrician.

Cooks.

4. babymiracle

babymiracle Senior IL'ite

thx you radhikka and cool2010

5. spandana7

spandana7 Senior IL'ite

My son too has the same problem when he was infant......but no need to worry ..........this happens becoz the tear gland is not fully formed yet .As somebody mentioned wipe the eyes using cotton (dont use ur hand or any clothes) .