What do you believe?? Are Ghosts Real??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sylviaram, May 16, 2008.

1. tru1

tru1 Senior IL'ite

I believe there has to be much more to our human lives than these mundane routines in our day to day existence. I am willing to be open minded about it, if there are ghosts, so be it. As long as the bad ones don't bother me or my family, I am fine with it.
    A very interesting thread indeed. I have heard that if you are concerned about some spirits in your home, sprinkle salt around the perimeter of the house while chanting the name of your deity. This keeps the bad spirits away.

2. Indian_Rani

Indian_Rani Junior IL'ite

I don't believe in ghosts such as the souls of dead people haunting us. However, I do believe in a heaven and hell. I also believe there is a spiritual realm of angels and demons. However, I feel seances, ouiji boards and such are a ridiculous waste of time and money. The psychics are for the most part scammers after your money.

3. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

I totally agree with you ... it doesnt matter whether ghosts exist or not ... as long as they dont bother us!!!

4. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Arinuw,

Thanks for sharing your experience.. It all seemed like a story but i can imagine how scary it would have been to go thru all that in real life...

We await more such posts from you.. this thread is really getting interesting1

Cheers!
    Sylvia

5. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Rani,

I do agree to your logic.. most of the people who claim that they can talk to the dead etc etc are mere psychics and they dont make much sense. However, you cant rule out the fact that black magic and voodoos etc are true and they affect us if we believe in them..

what do you think??

Cheers!
    Sylvia

6. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Dear Thejas and Jaya,

thanks soooo much for sharing your experience... I really appreciate your courage.. Jaya, did you continue to live in the same house? How can anyone get used to spirits?? My stomach is churning now.. I am alone now.. I am reading the posts of Jaya and Thejas and I am scared to even go to the bathroom.. in another 30mins, I have to go and get anish from the school bus but I am already thinking how I am going to go in the lift alone... :shaking:

Tejas, how brave can you get?? You felt some spirit pulling your bag and braid and you continued to walk in the same area.. I could never do that... I probably would have fainted..

I am waiting for more posts from both of you.. though its scary, its very very interesting..

Keep it coming.. I am too sacred.. any noise would make me jump out of the couch right now... However, i'd love to read more about your experiences..

Cheers!
    Sylvia

7. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Swetha,

Dont you girls share ghostly stories in college? When I was in college.. ghosts were a major attraction.. we would scare eachother and get mightly thrilled..

Please ask around and write interesting stuff you hear..

Cheers!
    Sylvia

8. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

I havent encountered a ghost as yet and I dont want to.. I am sure, I wont be able to tell you about it if I ever see one..

A very good friend of mine, who I totally trust once confided that she was seeing her mama (mom's brother) who died a natural death.. He used to just stand outside her bedroom door and watch her.. She was pretty close to him and she thought that he was there to take care of her.. she said that he was her angel.. But I used to think.. angel or devil.. once dead, they are ghosts..

Its been about 10 years now but she still sees him atleast once a week.. she lives in Santhome, Chennai

9. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sylvia,
    I used to be an avid read reader of ghost stories when I used to be in High School/ College. But one fine day I just stopped...may be I could not take it more..

I used to hear a lot of stories from friends about ghosts..one funny story....in a house in US, the couple used to feel the presence of ghost by chill wind blowing on their back..when they had to paint their house, they will talk to each other (within the ghosts hearing:crazy) that they will paint the walls, say in pink colour. If the colour is approved by the ghost, the chill wind stop.
    Similarly, if the couple have to wake up by 5AM, they will say it loudly (again within the ghosts hearing!!) nextmorning, their beds would tremour and they will be shaken wide awake.

Was this ghost called CASPER, I do not know!!

But when we went to Chotanikkara temple, I was really very scared seeing the people possessed by spirirts. Irrespective of whether I belived or not I was very very scared..I disticltly rememebr a young girl possessed by a spirit who is believed to have dies in labour...and this girl was rolling on the floor as if she was in labour pain!!!:eek:mg:

Have I scared you all enough..
    Swetha, now you will know why I stopped reading ghost stories..

Regards
    USHA

10. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Dear Usha,

Thanks for sharing your story.. I have also heard that the possessed people look scary and do weird things.

Even in christianity, there are special priests who conduct sessions to chase the demons who haunt people...My mom and many of my relatives have witnessed such doings and I get scared just by hearing the incidents.. I have never had the nerve to attend one..

I always fear that if the demons are haunting someone and if they are being released thru prayers and rituals, they might come and look for some fragile soul in the crowd.. undoubtably I will be a esy target.. I might sound very silly but I always keep away from these things.. I know I have a very weak heart..

Well, I can sort of understand why you stopped reading such books after your direct encounter..

Cheers!
    Sylvia