1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by oo1, Feb 7, 2014.

1. oo1

oo1 New IL'ite

Hi,

We have a friend family visited our home a while ago and when we were chatting the lady mistook the conversation what i didn't mean and she left our home saying please beg you, leave it while i was saying sorry for her. Though me and my hubby said sorry, she didn't hear to me and left. Her hubby simply followed her. At this point even my MIL was staying in our house. It was just a bad feeling i had - i seriously feel i did a mistake in talking wrongly though i didn't mean it, the wordings which came out was wrong and the meaning is wrong - This is my first experience in my whole life that a friend felt bad because of me.

That couple and my hubby work in the same company, next day he went and said sorry for her and he told that i didn't mean it but it was reached in other way - she simply said ok for that - That evening i went to their home to say sorry for her - My hubby said u need not go but if u want its up to u - As i was feeling very bad i went to say sorry -

Again the lady repeated same - 'i said beg u again' - I was like atleasst if she say ok u really didn't mean we r fine or something so, i might have been a lil happy - but she didnt say that and she just told leave it - i thought its no use to talk to her as she is repeating the same and started talking to her hubby explaning that i didn't mean it - He alos related same Leave it word for 30 times

I really got pissed off and asked him that i will fall on his feet and if its my mistake and i said - though i didn't mean she understood it so and he might have explained her and stopped her when she was going out of our home as i didn't mean it and we are friends since long time. I also told him that this was the first misunderstanding we had in our whole life with so many friends we have and told him that i wasn't aware of her nature and behavior and told him if she is like this i might have even not spoke with her and again i just came to say sorry as i felt that she mistook in other way though i didn't mean it and i also said that by this i don't want to hurt her.

I cam home, my hubby said only u have gone to their home to say sorry - though initially it might be your mistake talking wrongly though it was not intentional but later no one will go to others home to apologize. Even then if they are not understanding thats ok, am fine with you.

After this incident in next couple of day there was bday party of their son for which we got invite long time back before this incident and even we accepted that at that time. My hubby said its up to you need not come if you are not comfortable - i said no if i wont come it will be an issue and it makes worst and i dont want this and so we both went to their party -

we both went and said hi to her and she just laughed, she didnt talk to both of us the whole party - her hubby came to me and asked to eat and later me and my hubby went to them and said bye while coming - she again nodded her head

Later after couple of months we met them in one of the friends party - here my kid started screaming as she was young and everyone in the party came to me to console the baby except this couple. After some time my hubby took the baby then her hubby first went to talk to him and the lady also followed to talk to my hubby at that time. SO they have issue only with me. We came from the party soon as i didnt like their behaviour, even my hubby also didnt like the way they behaved. - I feel atleast her hubby might have spoken with me as we also went to their party just to not have any issue - but he also didnt talk.

I really feel bad as i did a mistake and this haunts me when ever we have a party where we have to meet them - This we cant escape as they and my hubby works in same company.

Please advice me

2. oaktree12

oaktree12 Bronze IL'ite

Some friends dont valuehe relationships.

1 person likes this.
  3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I'm curious as to how you offended her with your words. Don't beg them again and again. Have some dignity. You apologized repeatedly,they didnt care. You have other friends...just forget them.

2 people like this.
  4. oo1

oo1 New IL'ite

oaktree - My mom told me she is not your friend at all, if she is she might have not mistook it and her hubby at least might have interrupted in b/n when she was leaving.

My mom also said that out of so many friends we have if i am really talking wrong all the way - we might have loose them also - but only couple we had issue so far in 10 years of married life is this and even i never had an issue in school or college i

5. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Forget it and move on..don't loose your self respect and dignity..You have apologised many times..I feel it is not required to go way beyond asking apology time and again..few with this attitude cannot be pleased at all..stop worrying..

1 person likes this.
  6. oo1

oo1 New IL'ite

@ Rose 8282

Yes i went to their home as i never did hurt anyone so far. And i went to their party as i dont want my hubby to feel bad as they both work in same company.

Coming to what words i said -

They came to our home a day when my hubby and they were talking about their company. They were talking like their company head is getting all the info from some people and so on - then the lady asked my hubby how can he can, who will tel him, will this happen and so on - I stupidly interupted and told her something which created issue.

She recently got job in the company. She was on H4 for mostly 8 years after coming to us then she got full time job in development in her hubbies team. Manager was very close to them and when she had interview with an american she was rejected. Her hubby told this to my hubby then. Later the manager appointed her for full time joiner in the company. Even i am working full time but in a different company - i am just letting you know this to tell you that i am not jealous of her job.

When the discussion was happening about the CEO of their company i interrupted and told her - started saying - see u got the job because of your hubby was there and your hubby and manager support you alot to know all the info and thats the same way CEO also get from some one - She didnt let me even complete the sentence and just after hearing- see you got this job because of your hubby - she didnt even hear next and started saying - i didnt get because of him, i got by my degree(Indian degree not masters here), and mine is joiner level and my salary is less u know -

I replied hey no i didnt mean am sorry - and later she just sat so quietly with out even looking at me - MY MIL was there at that time so i said sorry again as i alos felt that i hurt her though i didnt mean it that also when i said sorry second time she left my home and her hubby followed her.

7. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

She may get hurt beyond you think. Words are powerful than sword. And its difficult to remove the scare till death. But an apology is more than anything. If you have the heart to ask apology this much, then she should at least come down for the sake of relationship.
    Now you did something for the friendship, but she is not ready to have the same old friendship with you. So leave it. Dont carry the guilt. You asked apology more than needed. Remove the incident from your mind.
    Time will solve the issue. May be she may come to you with the same old friendship when days passed. Till that dont hate her family, be normal as before. Do not burden your mind by thinking how to rectify the fault. After all we all humans, we do mistakes.

2 people like this.
  8. oo1

oo1 New IL'ite

yes you are right cinderella.

But at least i feel that she should have the courtesy to talk when we went to their party after just incident. What if me or my hubby ask them to get a full time job for someone with so called qualification - which is not all possible if there is no support in that company, that not working before.

Atleast her hubby should made her talk, instead he behaved the same way when we met in other party, when our baby was crying - he don't want to even come and talk to me about the baby and followed my hubby when he told the baby.

See my hubby went to their party even after such incident of she leaving our home thinking something else and not even hearing to us

9. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Op
    You would have just uttered in a flow..but it has pricked her hard..we learn our lessons hard way..going forward please choose your words carefully..

1 person likes this.
  10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

seriously?!?!?! How long are u working?? Do you think people get a job because their partner is working there..how naive is that..all u can get is may be an interview... CEO and managers are not maanga mandais (mango heads) to hire just because his or her partner works..

secondly... I have no idea how this relates to CEO getting inside information, does his wife work there, his daughter, son, machaan, maami or what??

you said something very bad and if you value their relationship, u need to do what it takes...

if it were me, purposeful or genuine mistake you are out of my circle.period. No one makes such stupid comparisons
    AtLeast she is being civil..lol..

good luck.

3 people like this.