1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guys dont reply to ladies personal thread

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Happy016, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy016

Happy016 New IL'ite

Wow one of the male who sent PM also replied to this thread and he defended himself in very positive way .but he is such a jerk who thinks holding EAD or GC is criteria to flirt with women.

Don't underestimate women pls for the sake .

ladies pls don't ask that person name ..... Bcoz I don't want him to send again any explanation .

2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Have you reported him and his post. That's the best thing for you to do at this point, or else this person will continue to behave this way.

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

If I may make a suggestion:
    No group, not even a virtual one, can maintain a community spirit if members do not shoulder some responsibility toward seeing it thrive. You should bring this to the attention of the moderators, at the very least. It's a chore, rather like taking the garbage out - unwelcome perhaps, but necessary. Cryptic statements in the forum create an air of mysterious tension.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Something else I used to be a big believer in - there were a couple (maybe one or two that I remember) of very problematic female posters who were banned, and did seem to then disappear, as required.

But what I've noticed about bothersome male members is a disturbing propensity to just change names, and re-appear, spouting the same rubbish in the same ways. I'm not sure if this IP address thing works, or is being applied properly.

So, I sympathise completely with females here who are not responding in appropriate, effective, and practical ways (as outlined clearly by some helpful and some not so helpful male members in this thread), and not wanting to name names.

Like a poison-breathing hydra, when one head is chopped off, two more grow in its place with the greatest of ease. It is easy for women to become dispirited and discouraged in this kind of environment.

Also, what kind of a person, when repeatedly told his attentions are unwelcome, persists? I am flabbergasted at the kind of midget mentality and stunted emotional development that would lead to this dynamic.

5. sokanasanah

Well, it's a hierarchy of obligations.
    One is never in a completely safe world, and to the extent that this virtual community is a microcosm of the real, it can never be free of annoyances.
    One is compelled to drop waste in the bin everyday & take the trash out every week.
    Absolute 'security' guarantees little beyond a hall of mirrors.

vaidehi71 and lucky2 like this.
  6. sokanasanah

You know what?
    The empiricist in me is interested in seeing these PMs, appropriately anonymized of course.
    Are we talking about 'hey, you seem cool, can I have your number' or 'hey babe, take a walk on the wild side - (with me)' or worse?
    Are we really talking 'trash' here?

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

If you think, by disclosing his name, you will be bugged with his explanation mails, then, you can very well click on, 'ignore the user' on his profile, and then disclose his name. Then, you will not receive his PMs , you will not see his explanation posts also in public forum.

This way of your cryptic disclosure will make the members suspect every one here.

8. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Ooh....... Mystery thread........

This is exciting.......

9. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Thanks, for getting back to me.

After doing every thing as I said in my post no. 25 in page no.3 of this thread, what you lose is only, the chance of you receiving a PM / Friendship Request from an unknown member.

After the said editing in 'General Settings' , you can choose to send 'Friendship Request' to a member known to you, you can add a known member to your 'Contacts List'. Then, that member will be able to send PMs to you.

My point is, you can choose your friends and can continue to enjoy the friendship by sending /receiving PMs, even after doing what I said in post no. 25.

It does not prevent you totally from developing friendship in the community. It does not prevent you totally from sending /receiving PMs.

The only difference is, you will be choosing to receive from whom.

Try it once, then you will agree with me.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    kaniths likes this.
  10. sokanasanah

Men on this thread:
    Dharmesh, My2angels, Nemesis, Quebec, Zales (?) and I.

lucky2 and Quebec like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.