Were you ever in a motor vehicle accident?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rakhii, Jan 6, 2014.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Rakhil,

I have got into accidents few times,

one time a school bus driver hit my car from the back. The trunk of my car was totally damaged. Lukily I did not a get a bruise on my body.

The other time when I was making left turn at the green signal.The driver from opposite direction hit my car from the passenger side and damaged my entire door.

The lady driver hit me from the back when I was at the emergency signal.

You are right for few days you lose confidence.But hey,we got to put everything behind and move on else the fear would keep haunting us for ever.And this really helps us eventually.

Especially for me I know at my age at almost 60,If I stop driving it would be difficult for me down the road

Love,
    Bhavna

2 people like this.
  2. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Rakhii,
    Whatsup?Guess you are back on the road!

1 person likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

ya, got a rental. my own car is still getting fixed. thanks racr. Of course i am still afraid but better than day one of driving/.

1 person likes this.
  4. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

I have never got into accidents but I lost my dearest bro(he was just 21) in a car accident 10 months ago(he was driving the car)... He died along with two other friends... Three of them had some major injuries too... Now a days I hate to even travel in a car... My heart skips a beat even when I see a car with a small scratch...

Rakhii, I just hope ur safe( I didn't read all the posts)... Now th first thing I do after getting up in the morning is just pray for people who go driving to office and other places every day...

5. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

That's my first post after a break of nearly two years...

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

welcome back! So sorry to hear about your brother :(

7. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

ya i too had the experience a couple of months back and even though iam a relatively new driver it was not my fault.My kid was in the back seat and i just couldn't bring myself to the thought that i might harm her as well.it was a very traumatic period and i just did not drive for another whole month.But my husband kept telling me that if i don't drive now,then i won't be able to do that ever again.I slowly got the courage to drive and now i started driving again.I could say that iam more alert and defensive while driving.

1 person likes this.
  8. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rakhii,

Google, "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" and read it in Wikipedia. It is a transient stress disorder which follows Road Traffic Accidents. Many recover fully well within few months of accident. But some may need long term therapy.

First be sure, you have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. If so, seek professional help. Though it is a very temporary phenomenon, professional help, will alleviate the stress quickly.

9. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

There is a mistake in the above post ,which I can not edit. Hence, the new post here.

The sentence in the 2nd para of the above post may please be read as, "First , be sure, you don't have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder"

10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

In 2003, I fell down from my two wheeler when suddenly a dog came underneath the front wheel. I got fracture in my left hand (two bones) and a blunt head injury. I remained unconscious for half an hour after the head injury.

The CT scan of my head was normal. The treatment given to me was only for my Left Hand fracture, in the form of plaster.

But, after the accident, I suffered from agitation, sleeplessness in nights and giddiness and headache in the day time. I was diagnosed to have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Though, within 2 months, I became okay, with counselling and some medications (anxiety relieving ones), even now, when I recollect the days following accident, a chill of fear traverses through my spine, for a moment.