1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Now, I feel a bit like a mom…

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Venonimiss, May 10, 2008.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Venonimiss,

Your username is really unusual. I wonder how you came to it...would like to know:)

That was a very nice piece by you. You make a placid journey through one of the most important phase of womanhood.

A lovely piece in time for Mother's Day and congrats on making it to the FP of the month...again:)

L, Kamla

2. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan, Thanks for your kind words. There may be many more things mother do every day- I bet - that I did not write here, but I wrote what I was thinking and trying to work on. Children do teach us unknowingly in the same way as our parents taught us knowingly.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamla, Thanks for the encouraging words especially from someone like you, who's writings I read interestingly from time to time.

You are not the first one to wonder about my unusual username! When I was registering here, I thought this would be like any other random site online where I just register and forget after some time.

About my username, I was going for something like this...

Anonymus~Miss Anonymus (to convey that I am female)~Anonymiss~
    Venus Anonymiss (My husband refers me as Venus in all his personal things like my name in his Cell phone and Quick Dial #1, my laptop login etc.)~Venus+Anonymiss=Venonimiss!

I was not real passionate about this name since some how it reminds of Venom (Poison), but since my writings are getting some recognition and since I have already posted significant number of posts under this name - I learned to live with it. Actually now, I am kinda/sorta positive with my username!

Long Story - Sorry!

Anyways Thanks for your comments. Keep them coming.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Venonimiss

Thank you for telling me about your username in all patience. It was as interesting as your id!
    It is true that one thinks of 'venom' when seeing this id, but from now on, all I can think will be a beautiful Venus.
    Besides, that hubby of yours sounds like a real romantic...imagine...how many gals would love to be called so by their husbands! I would!!!!! Another matter that my hubby would run miles if he realizes that I nurture such fanciful thoughts at this age...ha ha ha:)
    You write well. Keep going and love to your little princess.
    Bye Venus, for now.

L, Kamla

5. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Dear Venonimiss,

A wonderful write up. Actually from your write up, i understood Parenting is a skill which i feel is an acquired talent.

6. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Dear Marrgg, well for some parenting IS like second nature and for some it comes the hard way (That's the difference between my mom and me :). I agree with you. Thanks for your comments.

7. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Dear Venus..........

What a marvellous way of writing things......you have been blessed dear ....That was wonderful..

Keep it up......

Cheers
    Ramya

8. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Dear Venus,

Very nicely written and very true. Just because we give birth to children it does not make one a good mother. We go through so many insecurities as mothers and not always do the right things. But somehow these maternal instincts that are buried within us guide us at appropriate times, and the children themselves teach us so many things which makes us better ourselves as their mothers!
    I feel a bit like a mom when my daughters come and hug me when their little heart gets broken or they get hurt either phycially or emotinally. I love it when they come to me with their eyes of full of tears thinking that i am their saviour who will protect them from all the ills of the moment! The mother in me comes out in full force in trying to ease their hurt.
    I feel a bit like a mom when my youngest aged 2 1/2 hugs me in her sleep. The mother in me comes out to soothe her in her sleep and pat her and sing a lullaby thereby bringing a smile on her sleeping face.
    I feel a bit like a mom when my eldest daughter aged 7yrs tells her friends that i am one of the best mothers on earth. The mother in me bows before her unconditional love.

Like these so many little things that we do with the children, for the children all make us a little more capable, a little more strong, a little more loving, a little more kind et all. Hence i fully agree with you venus that parenthood is something that has to be worked on , given the appropriate nourishment, should be given space and room to evolve and grow in order to create and share a wonderful relationship with our children.

Luv Jay.

9. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dear Madam
    Your article was very suited for the Mother's Day season. To become mother is like taking a new life. I have heard a saying, "when a child is born, with it, a mother is also born" We become totally new persons. And we discover so much capacity in our hearts for giving love. This we never knew we had before.
    And then, when we have a child only we start to see our own mother in better understanding.

yours sincerely
    swarnalata

10. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dear Madam
    I just now read in above why you have this name. But i am more wondering about your picture. Why have you chosen such a sad, pityable picture of a woman doing hard and heavy work ? I feel very sad for that lady.
    yours sincerely
    swarnalata