1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

They will use ghee and vanaspathi and oil like this and then blame doctor , god , fate ,sometimes-dil for getting diabetes, heart disease

2. MeghaJ

MeghaJ New IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

Main thing is My Fil has all the diseases and had open heart surgery few years backs but still uses 4-5 kgs of oil, 500 grams of vanaspathi every month( i hate this becoz my mom barely use 100 gram vanaspathi in a year that too in diwali time for murukku ). my mil , bil too has bp, sugar,etc..
    i told them many times that vanaspathi is not gud for health but she (MIL) never understands it.i mostly get stomach pain after eating the pongal which has loads of vanaspathi in it and also it tastes bland.she makes it at 8 a.m but i have to eat that around 10.30 a.m so no taste at all.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  3. MeghaJ

MeghaJ New IL'ite

I have Many things to tell, in my IL's house
    1.) un hygenic Toilet/bathroom : no DETTOL/DOMEX to clean Toilets
    1 bathroom for whole family (11) members. i wonder how they managed in a single bathroom. now it is 4 members but my 2 bil's who stays separately with their family in the same house will come and use the bathroom if their bathroom is full. my Mil wont clean the bathroom in fridays,tuesdays and saturdays how much dirty it is she uses it and cleans only on sunday. she wont allow me to do so.
    my fil wont use enough water after using the bathrooms,whenever i enter into that bathroom ,i have close my nose with one hand and uses buckets of water to clean the walls and floor of the bathroom and then only i use the bathroom.while writing this i feel sick remembering the(mil) bathroom. no mat outside of the bathroom , sometimes uses old clothes mostly in wet condition smells like hell..
    she uses the cloth 2 in 1 purpose , she wipes the urine of her grandchild in the floor using same cloth and rinses it and dry and use that for bathroom mat . :eek:mg: no separate bathroom mats .
    In my moms home i need 3 doormats for my room alone.. i change it once in a week or it gets dirty or wet.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

5. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

hello friends,,after long time im posting in this thread....
    My MIL had cataract operation (Lazar) but she is still on bed rest as of date and planning for another one more month...:bang..this is so much irritating as i have to manage both house and office and she is very young and healthy ..she is not at all weak also..she is taking every thing on hand and not even ready to help me in daily course....she is in bed room since 15 days,,,i m going mad as that is so much annoying..
    i m not getting the reason for bed rest..guys is it normal to take bed rest for cataract operated ??? pls help how to solve this nuisance:spin

6. PixiePart

PixiePart Silver IL'ite

I can understand venting about in-laws but the above post is really in bad taste. A surgery is a surgery. People are asked to avoid heat and heat sources for months after a cataract surgery. Tell me what work do you expect her to do if she has to protect her eyes from too much heat and light and dust?

1 person likes this.
  7. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

dear pixie....
    it is not surgery baba it is thu lazer and doctor said only to avoid few things to eat...those old trend is over that after surgery this and that was adviced...it is just by lazor and no bandage or specs is there ...only eye drops are tehre...she is taking rest by herself...and i m not saying her to cook dear..just chopping some veggies and can keep her dish in kitchen and all...she can fold clothes and can help me...she can wash her clothes also dear....it is easy to say but when i see she is behaving like she had gone by pass surgery ...i irritates...

8. PixiePart

PixiePart Silver IL'ite

May I suggest that you google precautions post laser eye surgery and address your ignorance. I am pasting one link for you... In most things they have prescribed rest of almost 1-2 weeks.
    Eye Care After Laser Eye Surgery

1 person likes this.
  9. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My mom too had cataract surgery in both eyes and she was back to her daily tasks within 3-4 days. Same with my uncle too.

10. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

thanks for the link dear...but doctor himself has not advised bed rest then how can link help me dear :confused2:
    anyways ... i have already goggled and seen all the dos and donts and they have mentioned to resume normal routine (except heat) after week...and only precaution they have to take is not to touch eye or apply anyting to eye...anyhow she has cap for eye....