Advice- Saligram Stone(shell)

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by madraskrishnan, Dec 2, 2013.

1. madraskrishnan

madraskrishnan Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Recently i'd been to a market where i found an elderly German couple selling precious stones, fossils and Stones. There i was attracted to a fossil which was labelled as "Ammonites". Of course, it attracted my attention, because i've seen it in a Spiritual shop(KualaLumpur), known as Saligram stone and which is associated with Narayana. So i bought this from the elderly couple whch he claimed that it was from the seas of Morroco.

I've just kept in my Pooja room.I dont do any special pooja for the stone/shell. I thought it is a pure thing let it be in a pure place. That is my idea of keeping it in Pooja room. Now, I want to know is it the right to keep it in the house.

Madraskrishnan

2. Sonvi

Sonvi Silver IL'ite

Hi yes it is kept in the pooja room, I was also given a shaligram from someone who is very religious and was told jus pray to it daily, make a seat for the shaligram-I have wrapped red moili several times and made a cushion of that and placed shaligram on it. when I weekly bathe my lords I also sprinkle water on the shaligram and put chandan tikka on-the lady who gave it also offers tulsi to it daily (as was told tulsi is shalligram wife) I don't have tulsi so I cant do tht.

3. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

What colour is the ammonite?

4. madraskrishnan

madraskrishnan Junior IL'ite

Hi Radiantflower,

The colour is between brown and darkish green. But a varying colour of brown dominates.