Queries, questions about various schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sowjvin, Dec 19, 2006.

Best CBSE School in Chennai

1. Padma seshadri

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. DAV, Gopalapuram

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. NPS, Gopalapuram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nswamy

nswamy New IL'ite

Enquiries about Headstart Learning Center in Thoraipakkam

Hello

I am looking at Headstart Learning Center (ICSE/IGCSE affiliation) in Thoraipakkam for my son, for pre-kg and beyond.

I would appreciate it if I could get any information on the school and its reputation.

Regards

Swamy

2. deeparaghu

deeparaghu New IL'ite

info abt chettinad vidyashram

hi ILS,
    CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME INFO ABT THE CHETTINAD SCHOOL IN CHENNAI. HOW ABT THEIR COACHING INSPITE OF THEIR HEAVY STRENGHT IN EACH CLASS.IS THERE INDIVIDUAL CARE FOR THE CHILD IN THE CLASS ATLEAST TO SOME EXTEND.HOW ABT THIER SYLABBUS. IS ANY OF UR CHILD STUDING THERE.KINDLY GUIDE ME ABT THAT SCHOOL SINCE I AM LOOKING ADMISSION FOR MY DAUGHTER FOR 3RD STD IN THAT SCHOOL R THEY TOO MONEY MINDED .IS IT REALLY WORTH PAYING THAT MUCH FEES

3. Thendral

Thendral New IL'ite

hi abi,
    Iam from sydney and relocating to pallavaram.
    I called psbb millenium last week and they said admissions are closed. Should I persist and wait for an admission or concentrate on any other school?
    My son is 4 and will go to LKG.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  4. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

Hi Thendral,

sorry for the late reply. I have been travelling.
    Most schools finish their admission by Jan/Feb. I had applied for PSBB Millennium in Dec 07 itself, gave a letter explaining why we could only come in April for their selection process and got their nod to keep our applications on hold till then.
    you could try approching them in person and explain your transfer situation, if you are particular about the school.

good luck,
    abi

5. Thendral

Thendral New IL'ite

dear AbiV,
    thanx for ur reply. I am trying to contact various schools around pallavaram.
    psbb millenium is my first choice. hope i will get a positive reply from them.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thendral,

Vel's Vidhyashram is one more school you can try which is near pallavaram.
    PSBB Millenium, is considerate and you can try again.

7. Thendral

Thendral New IL'ite

hi shanvy,
    thanks for your reply. I got some -ve feedback about vels vidyashram. am in a dilemma
    rt now. I intend to stay in zamin pallavaram. Is vels vidyashram the only option for me?
    psbb millenium is also hard to commute. (My son goes to LKG). am seriously considering of moving to some other locality.

People have been flooding me with information that the school is run as a business.
    Any idea how far this is true?

In the schools thread, i observed that you had once written you were not happy with vels vidyashram. any particular reason for this. (you can easily qualify for a doctorate on chennai schools Big Laugh and hence i value your opinion.) I dont want to keep changing schools often. Any middle class school with a decent management and decent facilities and fairly good staff is ok for me. Am also not bothered about CBSE,ICSE or matric. What are the other options I have around zamin pallavaram?

I have booked a place in kidz central kotturpuram for the time being. heard they have a good LKG program. If there are no decent options around pallavaram, i guess am better off packing my bags, leaving my own apartment (which was bought with great difficulties) and move to a rented apartment somewhere.

rt now am Drowning!!!!

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi Thendral,

Commuting to schools from zamin pallavaram will be a little difficult task. That too with a kid going to lkg, I am against it, though I personally know children travelling from chromepet to raja annamalaipuram (Chettinad Vidyashram)

I would say Vel's is fine. It is not too old school. by the time your son will come to a bigger class, the environment and the school would have finished its trial and errors..you can safely have the child in that school..

My children go to a 11 year old school. I personally feel, only 25% the name and the school matter, in today's scenario.. (Again opinions differ..).

Will give you more pointers about the schools in that area...right now a little busy...

9. Thendral

Thendral New IL'ite

dear shanvy,

thanks for your reply. I will be in India on July 13th and I hope to start my legwork then. am not particulard about the school name but prefer the schools to be less business-like. Looking out for modern school nanganallur too. But from sydney its really hard to judge the distances my kid will have to travel.
    Anyway since vels is my nearest option , I will put it down as my first preference.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thendral,

You are welcome. IF you have not been to chennai in the recent times, you maynot be aware of the traffic in south chennai. and coming from pallavaram to nanganallur modern school will be taxing.

As you are in town next month check out the schools in your area. from pallavaram, chromepet will be easier on you.