1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Interfering MIL with my 8 month old baby

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by apoorva1582, Dec 4, 2013.

1. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Hi!
    Dont compromise on your baby's health for anyone.Good food habits inculcated early on in life will go a very long way.Also if baby is unaccustomed to healthy foods early-chances she wont like them later.As everyone has suggested be firm with your mother-in-law.Visit a pediatrician & get advice as to what can be fed etc...& tell the same to her -Hopefully she will .else do your way.

2. 123thirumala

123thirumala Silver IL'ite

i totally agree with manu2009

3. mimita

mimita Senior IL'ite

My MIL was doing the same too. They somehow think they are the mothers and start acting like one. And dont give a damn for the feelings of the real mother.
    Ask your husband to talk to her if possible and convey that you would like to bond more with your baby. If the baby is sitting in one place and playing for a while, close the door of your room. Buy the high chair irrespective of what she says. Tell her it is your baby and you know what you are doing. It is difficult being blunt..but in my case, I asked my husband to do all teh difficult talking.
    It is not worth beign so miserable just to assert our right to be mothers for our own children. WHy dont these women understand that the mother of the child has a stronger bond mentally with the child and cant stand having to compete with someone else constantly for their child's affection?

4. manu2009

manu2009 Silver IL'ite

hi,
    have you achieved any success? keep trying...friendssmiley

5. manu2009

manu2009 Silver IL'ite

thankx so much.....

6. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Next time when you go to the pediatrician take your MiL with you and ask your pediatrician what should be given to the baby and how long the baby can watch TV. let your MIL take the lesson from the pediatrician directly. If she has any doubts ask her to get them clarified there itself.
    This will help to solve your problems to some extent.

7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Your baby, you decide ... Go ahead, by the high chair, take responsibility for the meals. Politely tell your MIL that the mother (and father) is responsible for the childs health and development. Show her that she is more than welcome to play with the baby etc but you are in charge of the caretaking of the child.

1 person likes this.
  8. jackie4

jackie4 Bronze IL'ite

I find it strange the way your mil wants to take in charge of the baby.

- say a strict no to tv....once in a while is ok..but whole day is a big No No
    - u have all rights to feed ur baby as u wish...be firm but polite n tell her
    - food choices - prepare the food n hand it over to mil if she wants to feed....tell her its suggested bydoc
    - take baby out with you to park n spend some quality time with you

Theres only ive seen lazy mils but this one what ur saying is the first one im seeing who wants grandkid the whole day!!!

All the best