IVF Queries and suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Sep 9, 2011.

1. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

I will be joining this group very soon for ivf jan 2014.. Hope to see many bfp ttill then here .good luck

2. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

HI SSM,
    Its nice to see u here after so many daysfriendssmiley...how are you and your babies doing ?.....must be busy....I started my treatment again and had 3rd ivf last month...we have single blastocyst transfer on day 5 but unfortunately it didnt work.....so may be trying frozen transfer this month or next .....this time i was so relaxed and i am so busy in office work....i even didn't ask Dr why it failed.....lets see what is stored for me in future.waitingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. sulochana123

sulochana123 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am new to this forum, but have been following the threads.

I had my EA on 29th November and ET on 2nd December. I had 2 embryos transferred on day 3. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days.I had bed rest. I have come home. I had been walking within my house since day 3 and sitting for awhile. I tend to turn quite alot in bed and prefer to lie on my sides and had been turning alot since day 1 as I also suffer from backache. My query is
    1 Is it OK to keep turning in the bed often? will that have an negative impact on the embryo?
    2. When will the implantation take place following ET for day 3 transfer?
    3. Do you guys have shower every day during the 2 wk wait because some informed me just to wipe your body than having a shower as you may need to bend or change positions while having shower?

Your advise will be of great help. May god bless you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lucky me,
    Even i don't know why you sweat. May be heat is radiating out of you. Have a word with gynec when you meet or call.
    All the best for your procedure. Hope all will go well.

All the best Sweet angel. Hope all will go well with your plans.

Dear Swati,
    Sorry about the results with your last ivf attempt. Hope the frozen cycle will go better.. Do take care of yourself!

Hi sulochana123,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...
    Try not to turn much on bed. I think implantation will be immediate after transfer if everything are fine. Don't know more on that.
    You can take bath, shouldn't strain much from your part. Don't worry. relax.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

5. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

Hi

Sudha, Vasu, ssm

Thank u so much for the wishes...all of u gals are just so wonderful n never fail to motivate others...god bless u

Ssm,

Hope ur gals are bringing lots of smiles on mommy's face...lots of love and blessing for them

Sulochana

Lots of prayers for ur success dear..

I really don't know about ur queries but I feel that these things (turning, having daily bath) don't affect in anyway..still if u believe, then restrict ur movements n take a lot of rest

My doc told me that there won't be any rest after ET and I can leave after 5 mins..n can go straight to office....but to be safer, I'll rest for maybe 2 days and then continue to go for regular work....

Sweetangel,

All the best to u...pls share ur journey with us....

Swati,

Dear I always pray to god to be fair with u....god may be testing u but believe me ur day will come...and it'll be such a wonderful post to read ur success story in the thread u started...bless u....stay positive

lots of wishes for the ttc gals

1 person likes this.
  6. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi,

After ET generally and in normal conditions sleeping on to ur sides preferably left is suggested. I pretty well remember that i did not take bed rest or restricted any of my daily routine other than the transfer day i had good shower next day slept in my usual self till 2ww and even after that. All i restricted was doing my exercises which is generally not advisable. Take this advise if u have no previous history of miscarriages . Listen to wht ur doc say reg post ET precautions.

Implantation takes within few min after ET it wont take days for an embryo to implant. so stop worrying that u turning in the bed would disturb the embryo.

All u need to focus after ET is to take ur medicines on time, take good food, stop stressing ur body and mind. Avoid stress to ur lower body that does nt mean u should not take staircase or move around u can but do everything in moderation and obey ur bod,y ur body shall give all signals of pain or exertion/tiredness. dont pull ur body too much take rest and stay calm.

sincerely wishing good health and positive result,
    sudha

1 person likes this.
  7. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Hi

Can anyone tell what food we can take while under going ivf ? Specially to stay healthy and also to maintain the weight. Any special foods to be taken after ET?

8. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Take healthy food, food that is fibrous, nutritious and less spicy. Avoid chinese which has ajinamoto before and after preg. It is better to avoid raw and ripe pappaya, yam, brinjal and any heat generating vegs. Reduce or avoid gud in ur diet which means no sweats n vegs made of jaggery.

Include lauki, all greens, tori, cabbage, cauliflower, peas etc. paneer, or soy paneer etc. have milk twice daily, Eat fruits like anjeer, bananas, black grapes, dates and all nuts. I took anjeer before and after preg too it helps keep ur digestive system healthy.

Wht ever u eat, eat in moderation. Reduce fat and spicy food and heat generating food is the only rule during preg of any kind IVF or natural.

bye!
    sudha

9. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

Thanks for the reply dear. Have one more doubt.Is it ok to eat raisins(kismis/dried grapes) ?

10. ramrai2013

ramrai2013 New IL'ite

Hi,, Lalitha u are undergoing ivf..? take care,, all the best, will pray to god that u will be successful, and let your dream to be true. take healthy diet, be happy. can i know in which hospital you are undergoing the treatment, so that it would be the reference for me.