1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby struggles while nursing

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Hyacinth, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Senior IL'ite

Hello dear friends, I'm breast feeding my DS since his birth. He is 1.5 years now and I would want to continue for some more time. One problem I face is he really struggles or I really don't know in what words to explain this. He keeps on rubbing his legs, keeps himself very restless while feeding and the very next moment he stops when withdrawn. I should have posted this long ago but some how did not do it.. Have any of u gone through similar situation? Or is it normal?

2. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

1.5 years is a pretty long time for BF! Are you still able to feed him? I mean, he must be well on solids now, and he won't be needing mother's milk as much as he did before. Your supply too would reduce as per the baby's wants. If he's uncomfortable/not interested with it, perhaps it's better not to force him, IF he's healthy; and is eating and growing well. JMO...

3. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Senior IL'ite

Yes he is only on his solids during daytime.. I'm bf'ing him only in the night when he wakes up in between for 2 to 3 times.. And just before waking up..

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is great that you want to continue to BF. It looks like he does not like the latching process. He has started the weaning off process by himself. You can use this process to wean him off completely. You can pump and give him BM. That way both of you get what you want.

2 people like this.
  5. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies, got to know the reason.. He just needed a blanket over his legs.. I know it might sound silly. But yes it worked for me. I Thot it might be useful for anyone who might face similar issue. Many times we ponder so much for such a simple remedy.. Now is ok while nursing with his legs covered. Thank you all .

2 people like this.