1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Watchers

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by carolbrigid, May 9, 2008.

1. carolbrigid

carolbrigid New IL'ite

Hi, I am new here and I am following Weight Watchers using the flex system with the points. Does anyone know of any websites that have Indian recipes for weight watchers that list the points values of the recipes and the foods? Thank you. This is a wonderful site!! :hiya

2. smitag

smitag New IL'ite

There is no web site.I do it too but there is no guideline.I have my on set of points for phulkas etc.

Smita

3. kaumed

kaumed New IL'ite

Hi Smitha and Carol,

I am planning to start weight watchers programme, but hesitating since I am a pure vegetarian and was sceptical it would work for me. I understand that u guys r also vegetarians, in case my interpretation is wrong atleast u would be able to guide me as to , whether it would be helpful for me or not. Pl. help me guys.

vijaya

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

actually what you people want? any recipes or any diet plan. Both I am haviing in this same site. Yes. please go through my sub forum and you will find many low cal/ low fat items threads. and also one new diet plan. we followed and reduced weight and also it is a sucessful diet plan and Doctor approved one. please pay a visit. let me give the links. just click on them. If you want some more, please give me a feed back.

Krishnaammas Kitchen

[​IMG] Poll: New Diet chart with my experience ! ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    [​IMG] krishnaamma

5. winnny

winnny New IL'ite

best weight loose tips:
    Never give up, even after you have failed a few times. When you fail, start over. Watch

those TV programs like “The Biggest Loser” or “Celebrity Fit Club”, because they are great

motivators.
    Rewards! New clothes make awesome rewards for weight loss. Going out with friends (but not

for anything food related) is a great reward.
    Weigh yourself but also take your measurements. Sometimes your scale won’t budge but your

waistline will.
    Get enough sleep – that’s the first and most important step. Without sleep, it’s harder to

plan your meals, to exercise, or to consciously eat healthy.
    Tell others your goals. Not only will you then have someone else also expecting you to

perform but you’ll gain a cheering section!

6. shyamakris

shyamakris New IL'ite

Hi

Me too found some tips on one of the website LifeMojo which I would like to share with you

A small change in diet and daily habits can have an astounding weight loss and body firming effect. Depending on what activities you engage in, and even more importantly what activities you disengage doing can mean the difference between weight loss success and failure. Below are some tips and basic information about on how to get rid of tummy fat:

• Avoid Trans fat
      Trans fat is a product of hydrogenation, a process used by food manufacturers to increase product shelf life. Not only are Trans fats primary culprits in increasing a person's chances of having heart disease, they also contribute to the formation of layers in your abdomen. Commercial baked goods - such as crackers, cookies and cakes - and many fried foods, such as doughnuts and french fries - may contain trans fats.
    • Get more sleep
      People who sleep very little are diminishing their bodies' ability to burn calories. Some people think that losing sleep will make them lose weight. In a way, it can be said that this is true. But you will lose weight in an unhealthy manner. This could also lead to grave health conditions, so better make sure that you get at least six to eight hours of sleep everyday.
    • De-stress regularly
      Stress can contribute to packing in unwanted pounds in the mid-section. Stress causes our cortisol level to skyrocket. Increased cortisol levels have been linked with increased desire to eat and also contribute to fat production. Engage in activities that help you relax to avoid increasing your waist measurement and also to lower your risks of developing heart disease and other stress-related conditions.
    • Drink lots of fluid
      The suggested amount of waer to drink is around 33 ml of water for every kg of body weight i.e. 2.3 liters for a 70 kg person (around 1/2 ounce for every pound i.e. 60 oz for a 120 lb person). Much of your body is made up of water. Not drinking enough water will leave you under-hydrated or even dehydrated. Since weight loss depends on how the body eliminates wastes, the body must stay hydrated.
    • Eat the right food at the right time
      Eat whole grains because they are good for reducing excess pounds on the waistline. Do eat breakfast to give you energy and to prevent you from binging during the latter part of the day when your metabolism does not work as fast as it does during mornings. In order to increase protein intake, you should also have lean meats such as chicken. Eat more frequently. Avoid starvation at all costs, as this signals your body to get into famine mode and thus the body holds fat very effectively. If you eat more frequently with the right combination of food, there is no doubt you will definitely speed up the fat burning process and gradually lose tummy fat real quick.
    • Avoid Beer
      If the mere thought of giving up beer is breaking your heart, then drink moderately. Do not binge. Lessen the amount of beer you drink or do so moderately. Why not switch to wine? A glass of wine has only 70 calories. It is still an alcoholic beverage and is just as refreshing. Although limit it to a glass or two. Drinking should always be done in moderation.
    • Exercise Regularly
      Incorporating tummy exercises, such as sit-ups and crunches, to your basic cardio regimen will help strengthen your core. A stronger core, or midsection, will help you to build lean muscle mass. It is this lean muscle that helps you losing tummy fat faster. Adding this to a total body workout that exercises all parts of your body will turn it into a fat-and-calorie-burning machine. Of course you can engage in other exercise programs that you like, just make sure you do it regularly and properly.

Regards

Shyamala Krishnan

7. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

useful information.
    thanx a lot..

8. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Hi OP. Did you end up joining Weight Watchers? I'm considering joining it in the US and would love to know your experience.

9. kethy111

kethy111 New IL'ite

[h=2]I read out all above weight maintain triks. Here I have some important tips for all thatpersons who are wanted to increase metabolism. So here is I mentioned some ofthem firstly we need to use takes some advices. I think it well known diet foryou.[/h][h=2]Avoid skipping breakfast [/h][h=2]Use in drink green tea must[/h][h=2]Go to bed earlier.[/h][h=2]Schedule a nighttime workout.[/h][h=2][/h][h=2]Check your meds.
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]new york to niagara tours[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]niagara tour from new york[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/h]