Learning from other's experience.

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by vinayak22, Oct 9, 2013.

1. vinayak22

vinayak22 Senior IL'ite

as Chanakya said" Our life is too short to experience everything by ourselves, we should learn by other's experience"
    i believe its very true. we can learn so much by other's experiences or mistakes. May it be or big or small, we learn from our mistakes. That's what experiences are!
    Why not try posting our experiences good or bad, silly or big we did and thought of learning from them by not repeating them again.

Her goes mine-
    1) we had to go with some Doctor family for dinner in big city and when we parked the car, we realized we had no coins in car.

-ALWAYS KEEP COINS IN CAR- FOR PARKING, especially in a big city

2) We moved to another state, had deal with movers, when they loaded our stuff, demanded for extra $100 for packing material. We asked them before but they didn't mentioned it before. we awere very surprised and pissed off. All our stuff was in truck. We gave them then, but reported to better business bureaua nd got our money back. Though, nothing much can be done but thought should be careful next time

- DO PAPER PROCEEDINGS BEFORE LOADING STUFF.

can just think of these, will post more when it comes to my mind.
    hope it amy be helpful to some,
    come share our experiences

sindmani and GSAnusha like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

We went to Sandiego for a short trip. As we could not get car parking, my son parked his car in an underground parking lot provided with two big lifts to take the cars in and out.After spending two hrs in the park our plan was to pack off. When we came to the parking lot, unfortunately both the lifts had some mechanical problem.The owner phoned up the mechanic ,who wanted some urgent materials, not available readily.
    All the 20 people who had parked the car became impatient.Next morning my son had to attend some conference.However much the owner tried, the lifts could not be repaired.The owner had to accommodate all the 2o families in a hotel at his expense.My son, much to the displeasure of his boss had to cancel the conference.
    As our plan was to return after 2 hrs,the food dress and nappy requirements were inside the car.We had some emergency stuff in my daughter-in-law's handbag.
    The whole day we were put to lot of inconvenience which we we had to grin and bear.
    This was a lesson to everybody.
    Though such lift operated parkings are common in US,such events are uncommon.
    Jayasala42

sindmani and vinayak22 like this.
  3. GSAnusha

GSAnusha Gold IL'ite

I will share my recent experience, a silly one :)

JUST BECAUSE YOU GOT A COUPON, YOU NEED NOT SHOP

Shopping has to arise from the need, and sometimes a little to treat yourselves.
    But the marketing strategies here are just to pull us into the trap, make us shop more and more and just stick to that one company.

1 person likes this.
  4. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

Very true GSAnusha,

'Do not buy the things just because they are cheap' or else we have to run here and there when a thing is really needed but we do not have money left in hand.

I literally throw coupons then and there in the bin so that i do not get distracted.
    I use only when needed.

Jayasala, very sorry to here your experience and tons of thanks for sharing this with us and making us aaware.regarding parking experiences, we will always take care, especially if it a matter of elevator

5. vinayak22

vinayak22 Senior IL'ite

Ya, thats the idea behind giving coupons.
    it leads to impulsive shopping.

1 person likes this.