1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

thanks for hugs and kisses 6.gif [ rubbing my cheeks :p ]

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

hmmmm... they are smart yeah. Arent you smarter? then become one :p

3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

@ Twinkel
    Agreed 100%. only when we are soft and like ideal DILs we are taken advantage of. Seems MIl asked cosis to apply oil to hair everyday. Cosis replied you dont have to tell me such things. I know what to do. MIL was hurt and praising me to all. When I say something like that vice versa. I care nothing for here appreciation, certification, started living for me and DD. Even yelling at DH whenever his side has a flaw that affects me. Even if I cant change them, I am satisfied that I putting up a good fight.

And that book, Rachaputi, include me too na...I can give you valuable ideas dear, after coping with these people.

2 people like this.
  4. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

@Bluerainbow
    You know what she calls herself, the most kind hearted in the entire place.:bang

5. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Dear Twinkel,
    A big hug to you!I will remember you in my prayers and soon you will again give us all the good news!Just relax enroll into something so that you dont sit idle, cause trust me when we are idle all the waste thoughts come to our minds!:(
    As far as your hubby goes, i think and i hope this is the first time he has hidden something from you, it is wrong i am not all supporting it!however the anger part may be due to stress cause if its a loss for you it is for him too!
    But in future please talk to him about being open in your relationship!I am hammering it daily still the wall is like super hard!All the best to you gal!

1 person likes this.
  6. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Ok twinkel i dint read your entire posts just read your vent so it was a surprise?hehehe and he got bajaoed for free?

2 people like this.
  7. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

I can contribute to the book - I can write a chapter on how to be indifferent :) ...( I never reply her scoldings or to her sarcastic comments)

Initial one year was good for me ( both me and mil were cordial) .. Next year onwards , she started shouting .. I used to just listen as if she is shouting at someone else.. Remembering the buddha words - It is her words , it is upto me to take it or not.. This continued for next one year..

Later mil found the next step .. i.e .. I dont get irritated if she shouts for 10 mins.. But I get irritated if someone continues shouting for more than 30 minutes .. So it is followed by her now..

Also there are some stardard sentences to act indifferent by answering
    - I dont know - I forgot - I remember little bit but have to recollect - I am not sure etc etc

1 person likes this.
  8. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

and then face the end of my married life? each time she comes and does some drama, my married life is taking a toll.. and hubby is forever saying "they are my parents,.. do you expect me to abandon them for you?" "she misses me.." "she has peace of mind here when she's with us.." (co-sis is doing some hardcore rebelling..)

but the fact that i'm the one who stays at home and faces them 24/7 while dh barely even spends an hour or 2 with them (forget me!!) it's just not fair..

1 person likes this.
  9. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Are u talking about my MIL????? This is her constant one-liner .

1 person likes this.
  10. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

You are having lot of patience...When my MIL shouts at me even for a minute, my heart starts beating rapidly...blood pressure rises up and I start feeling panicky & dizzy...It takes several hours for me to come back to normal!:(