1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

I lost my face glow and happiness after coming abroad?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anika987, Oct 22, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Back in India,I used to look bright and happy.thatz what people used to say.For some reason,i felt i belonged there.I was a very very simple gal..mostly at home and once in a while go out with friends and have fun.used to read all books and watch tv.happy in my own world.so i guess it showed.

Now in usa,I do the same things only plus i have more luxuries..but people say i look dull and my eyes have lost the glow and happiness..i look so tired all the time..

I don't know why?anyone felt this way?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

2. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Take some iron rich food everyday. Sometimes iron deficiency make people dull and more tired. Keep happy yourself always. Face is the reflection of mind.

3. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Sitting in temperature controlled environment always will also make you lose the glow. Get some sunshine and fresh air!!!

4. malarg

malarg Senior IL'ite

I don't think you have really lost. It may be psychological.

5. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

Just because people say,do not think the same for yourself.And once it becomes psychological, then even if you gain the same glow, you will still feel dull.

If you time here, spend time in pampering your self.I understand that there is a big change in weather but it does not mean that just because you are not in India, you lost your glow.

You are still glowing.Make it sure.May be disturbance is skype and unclear video might have made others think that you lost your glow :p.jokes apart,

Have faith in yourself and then see the magic.Live for yourself, spend some time in hobbies etc.Go for outing,join some classes,keep yourself engaged.IF you are contented from within your heart,then it can be seen on your face too.just try to do that

1 person likes this.
  6. manjushrish

manjushrish Junior IL'ite

Getting some fresh air, having iron rich food will definately help you. and also u should have time for your own self. Do what u always wanted to do. U can learn some dance forms online or painting etc etc

1 person likes this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

face is the index of the mind?

1 person likes this.
  8. geetha mahesh

geetha mahesh Bronze IL'ite

It is avery common to feel like this. But you need to introspect your decision.

The purpose of leaving home country..as we all knew we will be more lonely here and do everything by ourselves..think of the positive side of coming here..and take back that positivity to our country. Dont feel negative.

I dont think country has anything to do with, it is just experiences..but always project a positive outlook.

1 person likes this.