1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. vanivineela

vanivineela Silver IL'ite

Hi Mybaby,

Idea is good, but I am unable to eat outside, as the moment I eat out, I end up having motions and vomitings. My doctor keeps telling my DH that am nt havin proper food, nt eating on time n all, bt he thinks abt it fr the day.. n again evrythn is bk to normal. The idea of maid is very good, let me try it out.

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

23_30_1261.gif ......

3. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Fruits and sprouts are not side dish. Your child will get most nutrients from them.

And I agree less spices and less salt is a healthier option right now. Once in a while, if you feel like, add salt if it tastes bland but the taste buds are so much altered during pregnancy that normal food might not suit your taste buds. But doesn't mean that the food is bad.

Get the fruits which you love. Salads are nice option. You can make different salad dressings and store in the fridge. Whenever you feel hungry, just cut some fruits, veggies, add dressing and have it. Its healthy as well as tasty.

1 person likes this.
  4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Ofcourse you should be eating every two hours or so & outside food is a big NO. Stock fruits for in-between snacks. seasonal fruits are best & you should have around 3-4 types of fruits daily. Another option what I used to do was chapati with jam & butter rolled. Also you can snack on dryfruits, peanuts, chana, corn flakes, muesli etc. The idea is to keep it healthy.

5. vgovinda

vgovinda Silver IL'ite

ha ha ha ....my MIL asks my 4 yr old son if he is hungry, if he says yes, then how many xyz do u want, and expects the 4 yr old to tell based on this hunger level. If he says one, she will make only one. :drowning

6. vgovinda

vgovinda Silver IL'ite

We stay upstairs and PIL stay downstairs, but still everymonth after my P, all the bedsheets, pillow covers etc etc in my PILs house will be washed and put outside for drying, as if I have been rolling on MILs bed and then rolled on FILs bed, arranged all the pillows on the floor, and played hopscotch on them, have been swinging in all the curtains. :)

9 people like this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Since your living arrangements are separate...why don't you start a little kitchenette in a corner for your basic food requirements. Just get a induction chullah,microwave and keep a few pots and pans. At least you won't have to depend on this shameless,woman for basic food.If she objects...tell her you can no longer go hungry as you have been doing till now.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  9. vgovinda

vgovinda Silver IL'ite

I actually have a full fledged kitchen. When I tried, DH feels he is doing a great disloyalty by eating upstairs.
    I persisted, then no fridge upstairs, cannot buy one when one is already there, what will Mom feel?, Cannot ask maid who comes downstairs to wash vessels, Mom will get angry.
    I still did it for 6 months, buy veggies in the morning, prepare BF, lunch and leave. Can't keep anything in her fridge because her holiness will get spoilt because I am some untouchable. Then evening, I used to get my son to sleep and start making dinner at 9:30 PM, wash vessels and sleep at 12:00 just to wake up at 5:30 in the morning.
    I could not manage since I was working, so I decided, it is our fate to listen to all this. But again, I am thinking of starting my kitchen. Only if DH is little supportive. Sometimes I feel, it is such a blessing to be able eat what one makes for oneself, even if it is a simple meal. :)

10. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Wait a minute...I m confused.

3 pulkas is a proper meal - not llittle
    why are you having idlys for meals?

Btw, is that your MIL or your maid ? Why don't you hire a full time cook?

4 people like this.