1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Husband! Is your Brother a Good Husband?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, May 22, 2011.

1. Mom2499

Mom2499 Senior IL'ite

NOPE....she has mentioned though that I am fortunate but NEVER has she EVER asked about my feelings.

2. Monakumar

Monakumar Senior IL'ite

Its upto wife who should say about her husband. No one should not interfere in ones family life unless they asked help. When coming to brother, sister might tell her expectations what she had during her marriage.

My brother got married last month, I just wanted the girl to be happy and told my brother to let her own way of living. But my brother's opinion is not to be so lenient to her. Otherwise she takes over advantage and tell that "You (SIL) are good for nothing". That's also happening and some girls are misusing their position as wife. Then whats about them ?

All the time I am crossing across such topics that my husband's family is not good towards me and what about wife..... Is she good to her husband's family ?

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

heyyy am sorry for missing your post...just now I realised....we both said the EXACT thing:thumbsupaaah am so glad to see there are people who think like me:crazyand vice versa
    Totally well said:bowdown:cheers

4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I just read yours. Well said.:cheers

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the lovely responses. :)

I ran short of time so could not elaborate on my tangent question "Is your brother a good husband?" and I see that the point is missed and the emphasis is more on the brother part, which is not intended.

ASG has rightly caught the gist of the thread. :)
    My point to bring in the brother in the picture is with the hope that,
    putting her brother in her husband's shoes may help the wife to be reasonable in her expectations about her husband.

The point here is not to "judge" someone's husband (ie the brother) but judge our own expectations to see if we are reasonable. Like if we would expect our brother to treat our SIL in a certain way, then we should be OK to be treated in the EXACT same way by the husband.
    "Do unto others as you wish to be done to you". :coffee

That said, though it is not the point of the thread, I agree with BB, Sri, Sally, Mona, RG and other folks who are in the same page as us. :thumbsup
    The wearer knows where it pinches. :iagree

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

MST

I guess most of us were answering teh same thing in a round about way....:)
    In any case...I would still say...no need to compare with just brothers wife....every woman knows inside whats wrong and whats right...what is unreasonable...but just because the man is her brother/son..she doesnt like to accept the fault in him and hopes SIL/DIL has to adjust...and bear it in the name of being patient.

Here the point is not the brother....point is why women are womens enemies...(this is the gist of the thread actually)

Also...just because my brother/SIL beleive in something....it doesnt make me redefine my expectations/family values...because I have to do what suits my family i.e me. my husband and kids...

Anyways...we always tell people to STOP comparing....so this applies to everything....lets not judge others and lets not compare ourselves to others...however...lets appreciate what we have...and when we see someone being unreasonable....try to voice it out...(dont just keep quiet.just because that person is our brother/sister/mom/dad/kids/friends)

7. Saumyamom

Saumyamom Silver IL'ite

agree with SriVidya!

8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotflI think so too. :thumbsup
    mmm.. not really atleast in my mind when I started the thread. But let me owe it to my lack of time to express it well enough to keep it from sidetracked. :coffee
    Ofcourse comparing a person to a person does no good BUT Comparing a person to our (personally) accepted standards is how we assess one.

In any case, let me just leave it without further explanations though the thread is derailing. I doubt I can get my point across as I got to run now.:rotflCatch you later. :hiya

9. sanjaymann2002

sanjaymann2002 New IL'ite

your husband should talk the high protine dite, it will come in righ work