1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how much age difference between husband and wife is ideal as per you?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Anvitha, Sep 11, 2013.

1. hsnnalini

hsnnalini Senior IL'ite

I think there should be atleast 5 years of difference .. Some reasons which i hear from my family circle are
    1. Boys reach mental maturity a bit late than girls...
    2. Girls age very fast... so if u and your mate are of the same age after 6-7 years you may look like his sister..
    3. A person elder would have had more awareness and expertise to deal with life and it helps mutually rather than having two same aged people facing life at the same pace...

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Since you say ideally.,,.,,.

The woman should be 3 years elder to the man.

Because, life expectancy for an average Indian woman is higher than an Indian man by 3 years(67 vs 64).

2 people like this.
  3. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

My DH and I are of same age (he is only a few months older than me).

Some times when I am fed up with visa issues, I tell him I should have married a guy who is older than me, that way I would have had my green card by now.

And yes.. maturity-wise men are slower, so having hubby of same age brings situations where I scold and teach him stuff, making me look like his mommy
    (whats worse.. at times like that, my DH even teases me saying 'Yes mommy' :hide:)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  4. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

I've heard that too, have no idea if it's true - that older men make very grouchy, tight-fisted and controlling husbands.

5. nitasen3

nitasen3 Silver IL'ite

8 -10 yrs difference should be there minimum, if the girl wants to splurge in luxury right from day 1 of marriage....because an elderly husband will generally promise a more luxurious life starting day 1 coz he would be financially stable...........Why unnecessarily struggle in the initial days and spoil happiness....Money can bring so much happiness in a woman's life..........Ahhhhhaaaaaaaaa....,,,

6. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

6 years and 3 months!!!!!!!.That's the age difference between my DH and myself and we have a very good understanding.It really works.

Cheers
    Rama

7. dhruva19

dhruva19 Senior IL'ite

6 years is what we have. She seems a bit naive when it comes to maturity. So no single parameter is possible I believe. It depends on what God has written in each one's fate. So better to accept whatever is in your fate and not try to change it in any way.

8. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

I think 5 years difference should be max. Men more than 5 yrs of age difference are bossy and dominating.Ofcourse there are couple with big age difference still happy. But that may not be the case with everyone.

9. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

IMO age is just a number (as mentioned by co-ILites) .... and yes the age difference can never guarantee the compatibility and success of marriage, u see.

1 person likes this.
  10. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

7 years and a few months is the age difference between my DH and I. Its been roses for the past 4 years now and I would say he is my best friend rather than my husband.