1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my 2.5 yr old daughter is sick always

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by charanya147, Sep 3, 2013.

1. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My 2.5 yr old daughter is sick always, she is having fever frequently once in a month, and she also have constipation problem from childhood , she is too active but poor in eating, im very much worried due to this, each time her fever lasts for 3 to 4 days

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Charanya,

Hugs to you. Some of the questions which come to my mind are:
    1. Is she going to daycare/play school? Or has she started recently?
    2. If yes, then perhaps she is getting from other kids who are sick?

My DD is almost always constipated too. Not to the point that she needs medication though. I always include prunes, flax seed powder and banana in her daily diet. That really helps relive some of the problem.

I also know that fresh orange juice helps build immunity naturally. I try to do that. See if you can include that in your daughters diet. Please also wash her hands when she returns from parks or in general after playing.
    Wipe the toys too and keep them as clean as you can.

Until they build immunity, this is going to be issue. Rest assured, she will get better.

sindmani and sweetyk like this.
  3. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Good suggestions Rakhii. I will add to what she said.

You can also try giving her half peer in her daily diet. I make sure to give 1 apple and half peer daily in my daughters diet.

I will also try to give orange as Rakhii suggested.

And also I give two spoons of gripe water every night before sleeping. I am starting to give multi vitamin drops for my daughter which can also help in immunity.

sweety

4. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Hi frnds,

thank u very much, i try to follow ur suggestions , my mother in law asks me to give her laxative daily , im worried that it should not become her habit , and it
    should not create any health problems

charanya<:cheers

5. samraa

samraa Bronze IL'ite

Charanya,try giving her "Pankajakasturi".it builds the immune system in the kids and is completely natural and safe.it is an ayurvedic medicine in granule form.children love the katta meeta taste of this one.it has no side effects....n all the instructions are on the bottle itself.

6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Charanya
    Did you get your child's blood tested???Because fever every month is a high frequency.
    If so what did the doctor say?
    If not then do get it done.Find the reason for fever.

Constipation problem will get solved when you give more liquid.Make sure your child drinks good amount of water 3-4 glasses should be a must.But dont over do it.
    Some bananas are helpful in reducing constipation so try giving your baby bananas.Raisins are also good for constipation.Raisin juice or whole raisin when given daily helps in reducing constipation.

7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Charanya,

give her protein rich food..it would build her immune system well...Include fruits(espacially yellow banana,we call it as poovan pazham),all the dhals,pulses..

For constipation, give her soaked dry grapes(sultana)....first 3 years would be hectic like this...but it would pass soon..dont worry!!

8. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

my daughter also had same problem and i was worried like hell and was bore of giving medicines ..but then some one told me to go for homeopathic for immunity and i started giving that...also include pedisure in her diet (little amount to start with) or amway multi vitamin tablet (after doctors approval) this will do miracle belive me...she will build strong immunity.

9. sheel

sheel Bronze IL'ite

My son too had constipation issues.I gave him Pixit syrup for 3 months regularly and he is fine now..