1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you guys believe in the concept of Drishti/nazar?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Rakhii, Aug 13, 2013.

1. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

I doono whether it is a coincidence or real thing.. Many times i do feel,
    when i have dressed well and wore more gold and stuff...

My mom removes dristhi and i magically feel better, it mite just be my belief,
    but no wrong when you feel better,, what say:coffee

1 person likes this.
  2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

SGVB: honey, make sure you do something extra (like a special prayer of sorts) after he return from inlaws. 104 is really high.

3. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Nice post rakhi.
    I agree with shanvy and I also think like that , we have both negative and positive energies in this universe and nazar is nothing but negative energy which could result from jealousy, anger or hatred.when we meet people who have this negativity it does effect us.

I have never put kajal tika on my baby as my friend who was also my baby's doc was very angry and also it can lead to infection but yes , as he was a beautiful and healthy baby when he was born , all pink and soft like cotton candy , who ever saw him would say what a beautiful baby and sadly he got high fever and jaundice and turned yellow. Although as a medical person I know jaundice is caused in many babies but as a mom I feel it was drishti.

And now when I told my sil That he was eating apples and bananas and rice. Cereal and loved them , she said her kid never ate happily and from next day my baby got fever and could not eat bananas and apples and Then my mom did his nazar utrana and he got better!
    Not only kids , with elders also I feel negative energy impacts us. I have faced it lot of times and when mom or dadima or even mil did salt or chillies thing I would feel better.
    Now I don't talk about what my baby eats and never feed him in front of some people.even for breast feeding him I prefer to feed alone.
    I regularly do nazar utarna with salt , three times clock wise and then anti clock wise and throw the salt in sink and turn on the tap.
    My dadima did with burning chillies but it produces lot of smoke so have not tried with my baby yet.
    But I always keep a black thread tied on my foot. We get these fancy threads and I like to think it wards of evil eye.
    On my baby's wrist we have put black and white beads bangles .

1 person likes this.
  4. Rakhii

CM, there are some things which we just have to go with mothers heart. Like you said.

5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

It would be a good idea for everyone not to boast abt their/their children's/family members' achievements for this reason...

6. havelife01

havelife01 Senior IL'ite

hi I too have belief from my personal experience. I am a chatter box always tell my success schedules to friends.e.g: I will update my rounds of interview to my friends in companies and ask them to pray for me. but I always lose finally.though they or my jobless friends I realised they to will have a feel that they have no job. this happened many times later I realized and stopped telling my interview plans now still in search of job.hope will find some thing.

7. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Rakhii,

I don't believe in this as I would have to worry about other's comments or what I say to others...

If it is true, then ignorance is bliss :)

1 person likes this.
  8. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

me too had an experience of this..
    after my marriage everyone was giving compliment and not a single guest were there who dint appreciated me..very next day i got so high fever that i went to doctor nad brought medicine in evening...i just went to kitchen to have water so the maid in my in laws (must be 65+yrs) said wait i will remove nazaar..she took salt and did someting on whole body and as soon as she threw it in sink ..i was like feeling so better..u wont believe i dint even took medicine and my fever was ok....i dont know but it happens to me.

9. kj2008

kj2008 Senior IL'ite

But is there a specific time for nazar removing? Like after sunset or any time morning? My son is down with fever so thought of this....

10. Rakhii

In my family they do it at sundown but it really doesn't matter as long as its not done after its completely dark.

1 person likes this.