Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vls

vls New IL'ite

KT Soup

Hi Mrs. C

I finally managed to attached KT soup picture.

Take care

2. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

super caramel payasam

Hii Mrs.Chithra,
    After reading all ur posts, i wanted to start trying ur recipes first with a sweet, so made caramel payasam yesterday and it was superb, easy to do too. everyone liked it at home, ( i usually make semiya payasam and we are bored of it) then made bahalabath today and my hubby liked it very much. thankyou so much... all the credits goes to u only. tomorrow i am planning to try sprouted venthaya kolambu, will let u know.

Priya.

3. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Super Morkuzhambu idli

Dear ChitVish,

Tried Morkuzhambu idlies as per your recipe and needless to say, they disappeared the moment I placed them on the table. As usual, did not have mini idli plates, so had to cut the big ones into four quadrants. I have soaked today for thaval adai, will be back with the feedback tomorrow.

Thanks again for the wonderful recipes.

Regards
    Vidya

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Ami !

Welcome after a short break !
    You can make kkollu pongal with plain kollu as well. Sprouts can be alternatively used.
    Tomato dosa does cook fast since the vegetable is mixed in the batter - you are right.
    Sure, I will wait for more FBs,
    Ami.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear G-vls !

Where is the soup picture ? I think it was so tempting that somebody who browsed this page must have "drunk" it ??!!
    Please do not bother too much !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear vpriya !

I am very happy to know that the caramel payasam came out perfect. Since it is " a dash" tricky, I know what a super-calibre cook you are to get it right !
    Please do try more & send me F Bs.
    Already there is one Priya who "rocks" here with her super F Bs. So, you will be the second Priya! The more, the merrier for me !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

My dear Vidya !

A super F B - "needless to say, they disappeared the moment I placed them on the table. "
    I can't ask for more !!
    I think I will buy & stock mini-idli plates . That will be my gift to every I L ite who visits me !! They will be forced to try my mini-idli series!!!
    இது எப்படி இருக்கு, வித்யா ?
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

A sweet and a curry!

Dear Mrs.C,
    Tried MV mysore pak today and it came out just perfect..I was quite pleased with myself when i was able to cut it into pieces..If you remember i tried it soon as you posted it but din't get the expected result..The culprit seems to be the time..
    Also,tried beetroot kootu today..what can i say?It was simply fantastic..Iam tempted to try it more often..Please do post any other variations if you have them..

Love
    Suba.

9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Fb

Dear chith,
    Being cauliflower season here I tried CF sadam. It was divine. My family liked the mild masala. To go with it I made Palak paneer. My family does not relish paneer cubes so I grated and added. The paneer blended very well with palak and my son could not find out what made the taste so different . It gave a good punjabi taste.
    Next I tried Yellow pumpkin soup. The mild sweetness and the sourness of tomatoes gave a great taste. The flavour of freshly fried peanut made it very appetising. myGD loved it.
    Lest I should forget made morkuzhambu idli for breakfast. My Mil made exclamatiuons of deloght and approval as ashe ate.
    Thank you,
    Regards,
    Meenu

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

i do not get to understand how receipes under different categories are being posted, as i find all the receipes for example sweet,savouries, kuzhambu etc are all under the same categories here.could someone clarify my doubt please.as each time i post one it is shifted elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.