1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

No I am not!! :crazy

I can still visualise her sitting on my bed and displaying her expertise and I still feel like running away from that thought..

2 people like this.
  2. smritisinha

Minara.. I have no words.. Seriously.. I dunno what to say or how to express what I feel while reading this..

Sorry gal.. Its too much..

3. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Smriti,
    Sorry for getting into more of your personal things. I am not able to control my curiosity here. First of all how did your MIL get to know that you guys were not able to do properly. If your DH had told her how and in what way did he tell this to her????

4 people like this.
  4. coolpinky

Seeing smritis posts now i have added this point also in my doubts list which I have over my DH though nothing as such was discussed.
    But I remember he telling me once that his mother would not hesitate to "advice" us over this matter when asked.
    Stupid me should have asked him then and there itself that if he was so close to his mom to discuss such things

1 person likes this.
  5. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

:shock::shock:

6. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Good point CP

1 person likes this.
  7. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

:eek:mg:Even I would like to know Smriti how your Dh told her all this???????????????????????

8. coolpinky

Minara,

Poor you baby. But have you realised how dumb we were in the first few days of marriage so as to not being able to understand our beloved MIILs nataks?????
    In my case we me and DH used to have early dinner because of me. And later the remaining three would sit. In the being after their dinner is done I used to help her in cleaning and then she insisted me to go and sleep as I am habituated to sleep early. Then after dinner was the gossiping time for the entire family. DH would come to room only after that ofcourse earlier what he coming now. But very cleverly she used to manage to send me away from these discussions

1 person likes this.
  9. smritisinha

CP, you want me to get into all the gory details now huh??? :rant :rant :rant

I am not interested in knowing how what when and where of this topic! Just the fact that this happened is enough to torture my poor brain! Okay??! :rant :coffee

2 people like this.
  10. paddhu

paddhu New IL'ite

Mine is exact opposite. For my MIL everything should be direct from the stove, freshly prepared, piping hot direct to her table. Added to that she was not able to move except using a wheel chair. If I was holding 2 hot things in my hands and I push the serving table towards her bed with my feet............. My God! Hell would break lose. It was disrespectfulness to the core. Everything had to be served at the dot like 6 am coffee , 8 am breakfast 1 pm lunch 4 pm tea 8 pm dinner, everything piping hot and freshly prepared.When her daughter visited she would sit by her side and keep talking talking talking........ in a very low tone else I would listen. But when my mom visited I should not talk to her more than 10 mins at a stretch. Even if anybody drank water from the glass without the glass touching the lips the glass had to be washed with soap and kept for drying. So much more.......................... After 10 years of serving, now that she passed away I don't want to get nostalgic.........

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.