The Royal Baby has arrived !!

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by pman16, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You know...when you started off, I really thought it was going to be a well balanced debate about The Queen. But the more I read, the more I get the feeling that you are just out here to vent out how frustrated you are with the queen.

Thats OK...but I must say, I am truly disappointed. I was so looking forward to a well balanced debate. never mind :)

and, as I requested, you didnt mention anywhere if 100 million security cost is actually borne by the tax payers.

2 people like this.
  2. Rakhii

duplicate post

3. Rakhii

As a matter of fact yes :) I lived for a very long time in England. I am born Indian, became British, then Indian, the Canadian. I am fairly familiar with myths/facts/other things associated with The Queen.

While she certainly is no saint, she still is someone whom almost every country revers. I am sure many have heard about her philanthropies.

If you talk about injustice, I can go on and on about US, France, Rome...you name a country and I will give reasons not to respect it because of its past.

Whats troubling is the way the Royals are being humiliated in a few posts because of their ancestry. But that's OK...to each their own.
    Having been British and now a Canadian, I have a different perspective. Like I said, I know they are are saints...but I woudnt humiliate them because some one previously didnt treat others properly.

4. Rakhii

duplicated again

5. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

i agree.

i find the whole cult of celebrity stuff to be a complex mix of human aspirations, ego, illusion and the notions of immortality. the brits are very proud of their once empire builders. no matter the dirt, taint, scandal and looting behind it, the facade of lost glory must be maintained, the individual pride must show a collective face. plus media needs to have something to talk about, there is money to be made selling this coverage.

the only good thing out of this coverage was that Kate was so comfortable and natural about her post baby body. and i am always happy to see babies born to a happy couple who will bring up their child with love and care. no matter their background.

6. utopia

utopia Bronze IL'ite

I am happy with the news and needless to say, I was even peeking once in a while at the live webcam in the yahoo site..Little George is very cute and I loved how Kate and William handled all the questions and their blue costumes..I like Kate's dazzling smile and William's simplicity.. Who cares about the past, the present and future is what counts...

1 person likes this.
  7. Rakhii

All ladies who felt uncomfortable and felt rage abou the coverage...the news has already become stale.
    So I guess it's safe to say that that the news died a (much awaited) natural death.

8. Rakhii

Gauri, thanks for obliging with the posts. Sorry, I am typing too many replies. Edit button somehow got stuck today. Thanks for taking time.

1 person likes this.
  9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I am no fan of royalty and even less of film stars. But Kate seems wholesome and brings some normalcy to William's otherwise gilded existence. That is the reason why he spends do much time with her family.

A child born to what seems a loving couple is awesome news. I like Kate and in today's world where most celebrities dress so trashy,she presents an elegant picture proving conservative can be very sexy.

That being said, thank god I don't have to pay for the queen or her family. And I don't have to curtesy to her. I like to be able to choose my leader and fire them if they don't perform.

10. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Rakhi - I am not sure if I among those that humiliated the British Royal Family because of their ancestry :) I just have an issue with the media obsession around every little thing that celebrities in general do. I guess my annoyance is more with the media and their obsession - when there are more important things to cover. And with the Royal Family, I personally felt that I did not want to get a minute by minute detail of Kate's labor.

I would have similar feelings about royal families in the US and the India as well, like you said - their histories are not that rosy either. I do not have very gracious feelings for a few much respected families in the US, because their ancestors owned slaves. But then that is for a different discussion all together.

That being said, I also don't know if my feelings would be different if I was British or Canadian and would feel some sort of connection with the royal family.

Also Gauri and you sort of got my curiosity about their lifestyle. I do not have a commentary on it because I am neither British or Canadian and I personally feel it is for those countries and their taxpayers to decide if the royal family's lifestyle and security is opulent or not.

I know the mirror is maybe not the most accurate but then this is the best I could find about their security expense, which seemed to interest everyone. That being said, a lot of much needed money is also spent on wasted Indian politicians as well!

£100million to guard 21 Royals around the clock - Mirror Online

1 person likes this.