1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

8 months preg and guests at home for 2 months

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Aboli1, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Aboli1

Aboli1 New IL'ite

I am 8 months pregnant with second child and inspire of saying no my husband hr called his useless mother during my delivery and top of it my senseless SIL have sent her 2 kids (14 &7) for a vacation for 2 months long. She and her husband are coming for15 days later and then going in July end.
    Friends I have no help but lots of work, feels strange my MIL and SIL are women but still don't understand my pain?
    By the time they go it will be 20 for my delivery, feel very sad for not having an understanding husband.

2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

I am so sorry. Some people are really senseless. Tell your mil to help you out or get food from outside. That should make your life little easier,

1 person likes this.
  3. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Speak with your husband frankly and let him know your troubles. Also your MIL has come to help you so ASK for help. Most of the times, Mils don't get it unless asked for!

4. soshana

soshana Senior IL'ite

Depends on your H, if he will understand try explaining taking care and entertaining 2 grown up kids will be very hard, what will they do all day long for 2 months?. How about they come with their parents for 2 wks only.
    If your MIL is going to feed them and occupy them, let her do. You take it easy, try not to get tensed. Be upfront and clear that you are not able to do the bulk of work. Mention that in your Next OB visit and let your family know it is the doctor; advice. Spend most of your time in your room starting NOW.. May be your MIL herself can tell her daughter that it is a bad idea.

3 people like this.
  5. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

Do only what you can to keep yourself fit. Don't overdo and end in stress. Avoid spending too much time in the kitchen. Best of Lucks !!

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Is there any prior bad experience with your MIL? Are you sure that she won't help you? Sometimes, husband might be thinking having his mother and sister will be helpful to you.

If you are absolutely sure that your MIL will not help you, or your SIL, maybe you can tell doctor ordered two months bed-rest.Use your imagination to find the reason for the doctor's suggestion, maybe dizziness, chronic backpain. Tell how delighted you are to have them here as it will be big help for you, and get a couple of month's rest, and that you are craving for MIL's lovely cooking, and sil's special biriyani...

8 people like this.
  7. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Dump that guy (your beloved hubb) right now.. and kick those useless folks at home and keep a big stick ready to bang your SIL and others who are shortly arriving..
    Report to the local authorities if nothing worked.. they would remove you from your home and keep you in the safer care facility..

2 people like this.
  8. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

your SIL is a piece of work, sending her two kids over for a vacation to a woman who is 8 months pregnant?! insensitive behavior like this deserves likewise treatment in return. don't say a word to your husband but don't do any cooking, laundry etc for them. MIL will have to cook and entertain the two children. SIL will have to manage things when she comes over with her husband. in short, take it easy, rest as much as possible and don't stress over this. water off a duck's back!

pregnant women, especially in the third trimester are tired, hormonal and cranky. having a houseful of visitors is the last thing she needs!

4 people like this.
  9. Aboli1

Aboli1 New IL'ite

In fact I have all such problems but my H is emotionaless s person

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If your husband claims as if he has invited his mom, sister and her kids to help you with this pregnancy and delivery, then you also try your best to benefit from them. I mean, bring one or the other pregnancy discomfort to the scene, and continue to stay in bed as much as you could by leaving all the house, kitchen and other works pending.
    Since they are here to help you, ask them/or your DH openly that this is the first help that you expect from them at this stage.
    Then you have laundries, gardening etc..etc...

I think if you are in your 8th month, you must start baby shopping, right? Go out with hubby to look around and purchase important stuff that you need during and after the delivery. As soon as you come in, pretend as if you are extremely tired, so rest well.

Demand for timely food, and care as you deserve them at this stage.

If your MIL and SIL are whole heartedly doing all such helps to you, or at least trying their best without showing faces, then it shows that they are reasonable people. Don't irritate them further, stop your drama, and get help when you really need and let them enjoy their trip to US during their free times.

Nevertheless, if you sense that they are getting upset, and not ready to help you, then you must be more strict on them with your drama. It takes a couple of days to understand people.... I hope you can manage them.

All what matters is to show your husband that in fact you need help, and your health is the priority now. You can not host visitors or serve them at this stage.

5 people like this.