favor or duty

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by preity12, Apr 4, 2013.

1. preity12

preity12 Senior IL'ite

Its sad that a computer engineer have to take a day off from work so that her 12th pass sister can attend office while her maid is enjoying with relatives....

Damn angry at all these maids however well u pay them they dont bother...

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Preity, I can understand the quandary you are in. But that is the reality of life in India. Here it is not a question of how much you pay the maids. There is unfortunately no professionalism and no professional pride. So let us not allow our blood to boil over these people. They are just not worth it.

Let us look at your options. Asking your sister to quit your job is neither fair, nor right unless your sister of her own accord offers to quit her job and help out with mom. But that may or may not be possible in her situation. You too need to earn and keep the show going. So what are the options left?

I suddenly realized I don't know what condition your mom is in. Does she need to be taken care of or is she able to take care of herself? It appears from your post that she is otherwise alright except for her age. Do you have any agencies in Mumbai who provide maids and provide stand ins if the regular one does not turn up?