1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Nandshyam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hello Varalotti and Nandshyam,

I sure hope you will like it - please do offer your opinion after you are done. I look forward to hearing about it.

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Done with Street Lawyer..

I had always had this notion that homeless people are homeless because of their fate.. but this story gives u a legal insight of how they are being manipulated and deprived of the basic needs just because they miss the housing pay once...

Legal thrillers might like it.

I have Srama's book :) in my list for todays pick from the library and also planning to grab a few.Jeffery Deaver's Vanished Man.. this will be my first book by this author. Fredrick Forsyth's Fourth Protocol..

I am longing to read Vikram seth's suitable Boy.. but seeing the size, more than reading, i guess I will use it as a pillow.. so building up courage to get pass that ;)

3. gayu123in

gayu123in Senior IL'ite

now currently am reading Ponniyin selvan final part...
    very very interesting historic novel by kalki

4. tru1

tru1 Senior IL'ite

I just went to the library today and picked up some health books.....and also 2 novels by Mary Higgins Clark..if you like mystery and suspense, her books are wonderful!

5. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

A Thousand Splendid Suns is a must read! Total Tear jerker, but a great read!

6. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi,
    looks like the thousand splendid suns is selling like hot cakes...i tried booking hold on one of the 20+ copies in our library, all are checked out......same for the kite runner also....read the excerpt of the story in wikipedia....looks like it is a heart cruncher...does it leave u feeling depressed after reading?

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hi Vidhya,

no both of them are not depressing, I did not feel so - some might feel that you need the strength to stomach certain incidences, but no not depressing, if anything one ends appreciating the indomitable spirit of humans and hope. As I said earlier, I personally liked "thousand splendid" more than the "kite runner". Hope you can lay your hands on both of them soon and share your views!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

hi,
    looks like the thousand splendid suns is selling like hot cakes...i tried booking hold on one of the 20+ copies in our library, all are checked out......same for the kite runner also....read the excerpt of the story in wikipedia....looks like it is a heart cruncher...does it leave u feeling depressed after reading?

8. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi:

Finished reading The alchemist by Paul Coelho last week. Liked the book, it reminded me of stories from Arabian nights mainly because of the desert part I guess! It left me feeling good.

Got hold of the Da Vinci notebooks - a collection of his observations, inventions and theories. Have yet to start with it. I came across another book called 'How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci' by Michael Gelb. Something similar to the above book along with exercises. Though I have done only a few exercises from it, I found them quite interesting.

My husband read Kiterunner and found it quite depressing, so had avoided reading it so far. Probably I should just read it!

Sindhu

9. sujatha81

sujatha81 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone! I just started on Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri and am liking it so far. I've enjoyed her other books too - Interpreter of Maladies is my favorite, it's a collection of short stories but I think her most famous one is the Namesake which was of course made into a movie starring Tabu and Kal Penn.

Sindhu, Kiterunner is pretty good actually. I liked it better than may you have 1000 splendid suns.

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi finished Janson directive and now started
    Murder in the Queens' Armes by Aaron Elkins