Angkor Wat...the City of Temples.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Mindian, May 29, 2013.

1. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing this info. and lovely picture Mindi. Last week only me and DH were discussing the largest Hindu temples (which is operational even now), Srirangam temple is the next to this it seen . I have always seen in pictures only. Thanks for sharing the details. Will i be able to visit this temple? If God's wish is there, then i can. I am waiting for that day. I am fascinated with old huge temples. Now my next wish is to visit Tanjore big temple.

shara

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks shara. I am sure you will visit sreerangam and tanjore temples soon. All the very best :)Yes I too am amazed at the architecture of these lovely temples.

3. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

Hi nice write up could you recommend any local travel agent to go around this place,or is it easier to make arrangements ,after landing?
    Mullai

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks Mullai. we went on our own. the hotel arranged the tuk-tuk driver and guide for us.

5. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mindi! Such a lovely travelogue! You have been so thorough, you have included all details including costs, history, and trivia in a wonderful write-up. Adding pics is also a big bonus. You kept my attention till the last post, I was never bored even once, and I actually felt sad when your narration ended! :-D One of the most thorough travelogues. Are you a professional travel writer? Pls dont say no! If you are not, you MUST start writing for travel mags, or you local newspaper, which I am sure will have a travel section in one of its supplements. This is awesome work, looking forward to more of your trips.

PS. Have you considered doing a travel blog? Some people (travel bloggers) are able to finance their trips with the help of contributions from their readers. Look at that option. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Mindian, thank you so much for the detailed description with the pictures. This is in my bucket list of places to visit. After reading this, I want to do this sooner than later.
    I absolutely love the picture where the temple reflects in water (in your second post). With your permission, can I copy that picture? I would love to frame it. If you say I can use it, I will be begging soon to send me original picture for a higher resolution.

I wanted to like this post but like I mentioned many times here, my browser keeps refreshing all the time which prevents me from liking.

P.S: I love the fact that beer, lassi etc costed only $1. I paid $8 in disney for a small cup in my recent trip :(
    which reminds me, I will make another thread :)

1 person likes this.
  7. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Mindii
    That was a wonderful trip report with beautiful pictures. This was very informative! As i had mentioned to you earlier, one of my top ones in the list of places to visit! You have captured the sweetness of the people very nicely, Ihope they dont have any more wars and are able to capitalize on tourism and improve their lives.
    thanks for sharing,
    Aparna

1 person likes this.
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Wow suma, you surely made my day with that raving fb :) thank you so much. I actually searched for a write up on the same place here but did not find any so thought I might as well as leave something useful for others .Hence the detailed write up (of course able aided by google for dates and periods) with costs and pictures .

No Suma I write only in IL and very rarely outside snippets. But I must tell you how pleased you made me with your fb. :):cheers

1 person likes this.
  9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thank you so much Rakhi. Glad you enjoyed my rather detailed post :)
    Of course I can send you the pic with a better resolution. you can pm me your email id. but maybe you will get the finest quality if you google ?/

I know this is in the buscket list of many, especially from the US rakhi...that I don't know why. :)

I wanted to like this post but like I mentioned many times here, my browser keeps refreshing all the time which prevents me from liking.

that is perfectly fine . Glad you liked it though.

P.S: I love the fact that beer, lassi etc costed only $1. I paid $8 in disney for a small cup in my recent trip :(
    which reminds me, I will make another thread :)

hahah do so..disney I swear is looting us.And I went when my dd was the perfect age for disney world -ten. you can imagine how much I was looted (for lack of a better word here) LOL.

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thank you aparna, glad to see you here as I knew you were interested but it did not occur to me to send you the link.:)
    Maybe you can combine it with a trip to KL ? that is what one of our cousins from the U S did.:):cheers