1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need parenting tips for 8month old kid

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by pmuthup, May 23, 2011.

1. pmuthup

pmuthup New IL'ite

Hi,

My son is 8 months old.I am giving him daily cerelac and orange juice in the morning and ragi porridge in the noon and biscuits dipped in water in night.I feel I shld change his diet a little ..pls suggest some tips on his diet and also some parenting tips .Thanks in advance..

2. iluvpeace

iluvpeace Senior IL'ite

3. jayprem

jayprem New IL'ite

Hi

Try to avoid the concentrated orange juice to your son, as it triggers the tooth decay later on.
    You could dilute with 3/4th of water.

I am not too sure with your menu, have you tried dhal rice with vegies, some pureed fruits?

Jay

4. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    At 8 months, you can start introducing more variety of foods to your baby. Try giving idlies, vegetable soups, mashed/pureed vegetables, dal/curd rice.

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear pmuthup...
    i feel at this age,you could introduce many many varities of semi solid food....please dont stick with ceralac...i generally feel there are many healthy foods compared to cerelac...cerelac i consider as an urgency food..i mean when you go out and cant carry much,ceralac is an option...

try to avoid cerelac...refer our baby food section,food between 9-12 months thread and many similar ones to get an idea of healthy foods that you could give your LO...

6. lovelyhelen

lovelyhelen New IL'ite

Your baby may find it easier to pick up food with his fingers than use a spoon at this stage. These finger foods can be made out of anything that’s not too sloppy to cut. Here are some ideas:

Slices of bread or toast. Press the bread firmly with a rolling pin before toasting or cutting into fingers to make sure that no crumbs or lumps will fall off
    Strips of pitta bread, nan or chappati
    Fingers of pizza
    Cubes of cheese, or a pile of finely grated cheese

It's important for parents to appreciate the fact that playing is essential in a child's development. Playing can present children with ways where they can find natural solutions to problems, learn how to communicate, and create a positive bond between children and their parents. Parents who spend time playing with their children are more likely to form a positive relationship with them as they grow older. Here are other parenting tips to look for.

7. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

As swaran said, dont stick only to cerelac. You can use cerelac when you are going out. At home it is better to give homemade healthy food. You can try:
    oats porridge with apple or any fruit
    ragi porrige
    idly,dosa mixed with some vegetables
    kichidi, curd rice,dal rice

8. pmuthup

pmuthup New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for all for their great advices...

9. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, no parent is born with skills and knowledge, every parent must learn by trial and error. So do the same. Understand your child, observe and eventually you will just know your son. Be with him & show lots of love & also do make enough time to play with him. I came across a blog which speaks on a few parenting tips, see if it helps you - Best Parenting Tips