1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Depression and Women

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by coolblues, Jan 17, 2013.

Have you ever experienced depression?

1. Yes, it's a constant state for me

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Yes, I experience it occasionally

45 vote(s)
    53.6%
  3. I have experienced depression during major life events

24 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. I have never been depressed

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. Others (let us know in comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

I am motivating many many friends to come out from depression but when i fall in depression i will never shot to any one. I have multiple personality but i can't earn single piney from this and i got so many lovely hearts in my life this is sufficient for me but considering my family i need money too a kind of depression :(

2. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Hugs to you terrafirma!!! .. guess words are inconsolable for a loss like this. This is a very delicate period for you to take as much help from your friends or family members who will listen to you. All you need is to talk and vent your feelings. It will take time to come out of it, but it is a gradual process.

Natural therapies such as getting out and getting some light is very beneficial. You can try this during the early hours of the day. Exercise also shows proven benefits for depression. Take your mind off with gardening, spending time with small children or something that you love. Ease the mental burden by trying to do the daily chores which can actually help you get some relief.

All the very best!

3. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

I experience depression only when my in-laws are around..
    Their 24*7 work is to make me feel like I am nothing, I can do nothing and I know nothing..
    They want to treat me as a cook and rest of the time as a furniture..
    80% I have come out of this..

4. 123thirumala

123thirumala Silver IL'ite

ur post is excellent pls tell remedies or tips to overcome the depression at present facing depressed situation

5. vabzee008

vabzee008 Gold IL'ite

the person who's in depression just want to be heard sometime,
    if one can share herself feels almost out of depression at that very moment,
    this is a nice initiative
    as more people will discuss about their emotions & botherations,
    they'll get relief from it as well..

i'm sure everyone would have watched "jab we met",
    the hotel scene in manali after the song "aavoge jab tum sajna"
    when bebo just speak out all the hatred & suffering which she had because of her past relation,
    she feels quite better,
    & this always works,,

so please girls & ladies, just go on & discuss evn any minor botheration to you is there,,

as when you help someone you are at your best,
    helping other from getting out from their trouble you make your self strong and indeed it's like helping yourself only..

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Very nice thread ,Coolblues!Came at the right time for me.Not sure wherher is is due to PPD or my search for job,these days I am quiet deppressed.With an infant and a 7 year old girl around and hubby working round the clock (which did not bother me much earlier ) I am just going crazy.I feel so irritated,feel so lonely and do not have any motivation to look after myself these days.Hubby is totally unavailable for even the important things and no one around to share even the cutest things done by my son.

Thanks Mimur9!Your words are very strong.We can find happiness within ourselves only.I need to start my long lost hobby.Hopefully will be able to come out of this state soon.I did not have much PPD(atleast I think so) as I was in India with people around for my first child.But since I am alone here,I think it is getting on me too much.Need to cut it before it grows.

7. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

I feel v sad and hate to wake up each morning and think to myself, I hate my life. I don't know if its depression..why do I feel this way even though I have a nice family.

I am basically an unhappy person...I don't know how to change.

8. sirikad

sirikad Senior IL'ite

Every one has problems.. and every one will have the capability of solving their problems this is what i believe. The one should know that the happiness always lies in you.
    If you have a trouble or problem don't worry about that trying to find the alternatives for that..
    If you depressed or cry for some problem the problem never run away..
    I see if problem comes many people will blame others never blame like that is not a solution.. it is just satisfying your ego.

if you follow all never be depressed..
    Life is short.. Life happy.. Forget about past.. dont worry about future..Be good..Do good..

1 person likes this.
  9. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Very well said... Last line is simply superb :thumbsup

With love,
    Angellic :)

10. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

I grew up listening to my mother say, we are blessed, our lives are good. Look around and see the problems affecting everyone. We are blessed , our problems are less!
    This has almost been inscribed in my head but i failed to refresh it...
    since believing this way ,it has given me so much confidence and a feeling of gratitude to life itself.
    i think depression has a lot to do with confidence.
    building confidence should be the first step.

i wasn't as confident as this many many years back. i consciously trained myself to believe in myself as a smart and capable person and not associate my happiness with another person.
    if you are happy , the world around you will dance too.

think you can and you can change. look into the mirror and smile at yourself..
    feel good about yourself.

if you make up your mind to be happy ... nothing can stop you.