1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feel like an Idiot!!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by fencesitter, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

I agree with Rose & RPVAIL regarding the situation in marriages. It is not easy for the bride or groom to pay attention to us or to make formal talk to us when we are friends, however close friends we could be.

I have a very recent experiences, like Fencesitter, I took a three day leave for attending my childhood friend's marriage. Reached her home a day before the wedding, almost helped in all the possible ways.. I was the one who went for all the last minute shopping and as some of her relatives messed up with garlands, I went ordered for garlands with specific instructions at late night... for some of the items I spent from my wallet. At the end of day I was dead-tired. The next day, few of her colleagues/ friends have come who are experts in doing make-up. Since that was not my area of expertise I was helping out her mother with outside errands. No one even bothered to know what I'm doing / whether I ate or not. By the time of wedding I was left out from them.
    Added to that those new friends were gossiping about me that I'm distancing myself seeing them being close to her. That was really disappointing to me in that moment.

But I don't regret, I know her since we were of single digit aged and being best friends from about 13 years. I wanted to be at her wedding so I was there. I wanted to discuss with her about this once she is free from the wedding hungama, but left it later. Because whatever happened at her wedding doesn't change our relationship. But it was disappointing that moment.

4 people like this.
  2. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

No,I was more angry at myself for taking all that trouble to attend the marriage. Yes, that experience made me more choosy about attending marriages/functions.

1 person likes this.
  3. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

This thread made me think of my sister.. She is one person who can never be impressed...
    I buy her new clothes after searching in 10 shops.. she is :coffee
    I buy lovely jewelry and is excited on showing her.. she is :coffee
    I get a new and exciting job... she is :coffee

i get run-over by a bus.. she is ?????
    :)
    Many times i have teared out hair in frustration...

2 people like this.
  4. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Hey I felt like an idiot many times ...but did i learn? :biggrin2:.....aay we can learn next time..this time lets forget.

Fan rotating backwards:

1) It was back in college days. Tomorrow is our Microprocessor and micro Controller :roll:....exzzaaam. today Priyankas new movie was released. We decided egzaaaaams come and go. but Priyanka will not. We all decided we would not study, joined our hands in pledge :exactly: and went to night show. Nextday early in the morning, they all studied :rant and I failed in the egzaaam :evil:.....failing is not the frablem here. but it was insulting as that teacher had high hopes on me :oops:

2)They say they dont have any money and they need it urgent super urgent and i give away all mine without any balance in account ... only to find they have their emergency funds saved and they do not want to touch it :evil::rant Wrof! Wrof Wrof Wrof!!!! and me ends up asking them some money for petrol. or food. or cigg or tea.

2)

4 people like this.
  5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Naksh. Throughout the 4 years in college, a few of us made an oath that atleast for one paper, we will read the whole semester and be cool without romancing the books before exam and go to a movie to relax.

Few unfulfilled oaths..

Thanks for making me go nostalgic.

6. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Silver IL'ite

AnitaP, i remember potluck aunty :D

2 people like this.
  7. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

:) I wrote two other incidents in page #2
    To avoid the "gullible" tag, ran back and edited it in a hurry. :hide: .....

2 people like this.
  8. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

Hi fence :) :)

The same thing i have experienced too, but not with the friends circle, within my own cousins sister marriage itself.

We were newly married that time, and she was like so dear to me but as the year passes, she has lost interest in cherishing the relationship with me, even though i have been tried to maintain a cordial relationship.

The lesser the ppl give importance to us, very quickly we will be no longer expecting/moving as so close or friendly with them. Thats nature.

So, when her wedding got fixed up, her parents were like invited us more than 5 times, (as she couldnt attend my wedding, i was totally not interested to go and attend but then due to her parents pestering invites, we have booked a tickets in train and also took care of our lodging expenses too. which were all a damn WASTE!:rant)

When we stepped up into the marriage venue, to our shock there is no body to greet the people who comes in, and this girl who i have thought and grown up from childhood, didn't even shown the smiley face or tried to talk or a sigh. I was totally felt like an idiot and extremely worried to trouble my lovable husband :shock:too make him go through this.

I keep on deleting the memory data of certain happenings in life, but at times this sorta behavioral treatments from others did stays in memory forever.

1 person likes this.
  9. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Silver IL'ite

Haha thats not naïvité, I think you're just too sweet :):)
    Back when I was in school, I used to carry a lunch box with me. I had a 'close friend' who repeatedly mentioned how much she likes the desi ghee that my mom makes. My mom was working back then and with dad away in a diff city and two school going kids, she had her hands full enough. But one morning i insisted that she make some fresh ghee that i can take with me for the 'friend'. She somehow squeezed it in and made some. When i offered it to the friend that afternoon, she said 'chee, this does not taste fresh at all and is tasteless.'. Another time, the same friend was desperate to get a share in some hersheys candy that my cousins had got for me from US. I shared some, and after she finished them all, she said 'these are duplicate. You can get them in a local made in china import store'. Now that i think back on it, what a witch!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

hehe reminds me of me being in my friend's wedding recently only to feel like 'fencesitter':rotfl.. cant blame her.. she was busy in her world; but that day i promised myself that i am not going to attend any other wedding unless it is mine.:biglaugh .yep.. invited her to my wedding in next few months but she 'emailed' her wishes:bang