Straightening??

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by IndianQueen, Apr 16, 2013.

1. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies, any one have any experiences with hair straightening or soft rebonding as they call it, I presume every other person does it here and that it's very common. Any one of you with any experience regarding the same. Hair loss, roughness, dry hair, split ends??? Any info really appreciated.. Also suggest any good hair salons for colouring... Thanks

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi IQ,

I did it few years ago, it looked ok, guess it didn't suite me:hide: though everyone around me kept saying it looked great and i should maintain it so. I waited it out for 6 months and then cut my hair short and let it grow back into waves;-)

I did it at Jean-yip.

Side effects, the hair was soft but there was a increased hair fall, again it could just be a normal thing unrelated to the rebonding...

Best!

1 person likes this.
  3. NewlyPg

NewlyPg Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I too did it, first time I did it when I was in Korea. And I just loved it :). I have long & thick hair. And almost after a year I did it here in SG, But I guess the parlor I went to was not good (SG). And yes there is increase in hair fall, but I don't mind it, as I have thick hair. So for me it worked really well :2thumbsup: as it is now really easy to manage 'em.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. IndianQueen

Thanks for your replies guys, I am just unable to gather confidence in getting it done, fearing hair fall, I've heard haves habib here is very good, at least they index stand Indian hair types. Every other saloon I go, they seem to recommend rebonding, scary thought... I'm am planning to try it out soon....

Cheers

5. parinitavinu

parinitavinu Senior IL'ite

Hi IQ

I was also very much interested when I was in india by seeing my friends got it done. so I went for ironing. it was nice.. but my mom wanted to me to maintain my natural hair.. when i saw my friends after after their permanent straightening which lasts for max 8 mths , they were looking gorgeous.. I would say go for an ironing, if u r satisfied then go ahead with permanent straightening which lasts couple of months..

1 person likes this.
  6. Nivee

Nivee Bronze IL'ite

Hi IQ,

Share your feelings :cheers, i have my appointment next month at Gintage studio (Hougang), after a research in internet about it. Wanted to give it a try and really concerned about hairfall/ dryness :spin. I feel since every other person does it here, it could be definitely less harmful than getting it done in India, my motivational factor :) !!! ppl say well maintenance with good shampoo, conditioner (must), hair mask,serum will help lessen the side effects.

And you can also check on gintage studio for hair coloring, visit their FB page, they have pics of their customers who got it done there.

Ladies who have done re-bonding already, can you please suggest, is it really necessary to use the shampoo and conditioner the saloon suggest or can we go ahead with our own shampoo and conditioner.

1 person likes this.
  7. IndianQueen

Guys, my hair is really not that curly or something, it's naturally straight, I just don't wanna heat or pollute it with chemicals, is there any other option other than rebonding to give the similar kind of effect? May be visit a salon regularly every week for wash blow dry and see if it stays straight. The problem is as I don't wish to blow dry my hair every time I have a head bath, so my hair takes the shape the way I tie my hair, so a slight curl here or there...

Nivve, so I give up on rebonding, looking at mute subtle options, planning to visit jawed habib, lets c what try suggest.. Will keep u guys posted.... In the meantime let me know of any other options that I may have to give the salon effect naturally or non invasive... Thanks guys...