1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair styles/Hair Cuts for long,short,curly,frizzy hair..requests and suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Rajjo, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bharri

bharri New IL'ite

I am planning to cut my hair.Does anyone have picture for Short layered Layer cut and Long layered layer cut?I have shoulder length straight hair.

2. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Very good information, indeed. Thanks for sharing it with us.

3. simranbhalla

simranbhalla New IL'ite

Its a very helpful information.

4. twink

twink Silver IL'ite

go for very short hairrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. no fuss...its called boy cut

5. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

5 Common Hair-Styling Mistakes One Must Avoid

Working with Too Much Hair

Spend an afternoon at a salon and you'll notice that the pros always use hair clips to divide and conquer a big styling job. The reason? It lets you concentrate the heat of your dryer or flatiron on one small section at a time. At home, split your hair into three horizontal layers. Pin the top and middle sections back with clips and work your way from the bottom up. Complete each section before moving on to the next, but if you're in a hurry, spend more time styling the front and cheat a little in the back.

Forgetting Your Roots

If you pay more attention to your roots when you apply product and dry your hair, you'll have more control over volume. Want more body? Then pull your hair up and out when drying, says Abbey. Want less? Pull your hair straight down to smooth and flatten the root. Treating your roots also saves your ends -- the oldest and driest part of your hair -- from excess heat damage.

Frying Your Strands

Use the low or medium heat settings on your styling tools. "Only extremely coarse or curly hair can handle the highest temperatures," says Marc Mena, senior stylist at Warren-Tricomi Salon, in New York City. Other ways to protect your hair: Mist with a thermal styling spray, use a nozzle or diffuser attachment to disperse air flow, and don't concentrate the heat in one spot for too long.

Using the Wrong Size Brush

Many women use a round brush that's too small, says Umberto Savone, a celebrity stylist based in Beverly Hills, California. A small brush with a 1-inch-diameter barrel works best for chin-length hair, shorter layers, or if you want to add extra bounce to very fine hair. Medium to large brushes -- 2- to 3-inch barrels -- are better for longer hair and help you create loose, natural waves or straight, smooth styles.

Applying Product to Dry Hair

"Your hair is the most responsive to styling when it's freshly washed or rinsed," says New York City stylist Damian Monzillo. It's also easier to distribute product evenly throughout wet hair. (The exceptions to this rule are heat-protecting sprays, which you should apply to dry hair before you use hot tools, and finishing products like hair spray and pomades.)

1 person likes this.
  6. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

thanks for sharing

7. vickyhall

vickyhall Guest

Thanks for sharing, it is very helpful for our girls.

8. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

hello all,

My hair is very curly, black in color and very oily all the times. If I go for a strong shampoo, then there will not be oil, otherwise with a mild shampoo, it looks oily, even though there won't be aby oil in the hair. I am badly in need of a good hair style as I feel bad abt my look at times. The volume of hair is less near and arond forehead, and back I do have a fair amount of hair..

Can someone suggest a good hair style for me please? I am not interesed in going for straightening though.

Thanks,
    Soumya

9. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

I have curly hair at the ends(not much curly).. Parlor lady suggests me with 3 steps cut everytime.. I am bored with it.. can I try any new hair cuts? which are all suitable for my hair which is 5 inches below the shoulder? How about U-cut?

10. kiranmai86

kiranmai86 New IL'ite

Hi, I am having a problem. hope you can solve this. My hair doesn't grow beyond the shoulder level. please help to sort out my problem.